We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just got back on Sunday... few tips

Allen, Texas
Level Contributor
123 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Just got back on Sunday... few tips

We were in building 8A, swim up suite #8058. Lots of mosquito bites. I never saw one bite me I think it happened while I was sleeping. I would find little mosquito's in the room, in our closet, other dark corners... different places. I am thinking they are getting in when the turn down service is in progress as the doors are often left open with the housekeeping cart. In the morning I would see over a dozen on the ceiling of our patio. I brought bug repellent but I hate putting that stuff on.

Recommend a small can of insect killer to spray out on the patio. Citronella candle for the patio. Wellness Mama Essential Oil Bug Spray anything of that nature..

I wish I had brought some Benadryl itch stopping gel. Last time we were there in May 2013 I never saw one mosquito.

This was helpful:

We brought blow up floats that you sit in, they have cup holders. There are plenty of blue floats but we like the fact that we can sit up in these and there were 10 of us... we made a nice train over to the swim up bar. We passed them off to the newbies when we were leaving. We could have brought about 40 of them and sold them. LOL... People were asking where we got them.

Bring lots of tip money...

Everyone works so hard to make things so nice. Tip generously.. we bring a couple hundred just in ones...

Bring lots of sunscreen..

We never ran out but it is very expensive in the gift shop.

Bring bathroom spray.. goes without saying... glad I had mine :-)

Pay attention to the restaurant dress codes, they do not waiver. If the men forget pants they will offer "pants left behind" that have been cleaned and ready to borrow... Didn't have this happen but I saw it happen.

That is about all I can think of right now.. I am still trying to sober up... and get some rest.... so much fun!! You have fun too!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
489 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just got back on Sunday... few tips

Excellent insight and here are a few more EPM tips from others:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1229340-i12413-k7…

Cheers!

Edited: 18 June 2014, 23:29
Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
1,350 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just got back on Sunday... few tips

Great tips! Where did you get your floats?

Allen, Texas
Level Contributor
123 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just got back on Sunday... few tips

Walmart or Target. Walmart about $6

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
4,577 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just got back on Sunday... few tips

<<<Bring bathroom spray..>>>

Do they not provide the incense in the rooms any longer?

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
172 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Just got back on Sunday... few tips

We had incense in May :)

Allen, Texas
Level Contributor
123 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just got back on Sunday... few tips

We had incense too! I put that away everyday so they would leave me more! Brought home 4 sticks. Love the incense!!

Harrisburg
Level Contributor
148 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Just got back on Sunday... few tips

Excellent - thanks!

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
94 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just got back on Sunday... few tips

As a matter of interest jefritz..how did you inflate all those floats?

Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Just got back on Sunday... few tips

You mention seeing men not meeting dress codes but what about women?

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,489 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Just got back on Sunday... few tips

It is funny you mention the dress code as when we were in the Martini Bar at ERC a few day there was a queue of about a dozen couples all waiting for the Spice to open at 17.30 and over 50% of the men had shorts on and one by one they all got politely told sorry you will need to change

One guy kicked up a bit of a fuss but even he relented and went to get changed

Get answers to your questions about Playa Mujeres