We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather Update

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,919 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
Weather Update

Hi

We have now arrived at TBH and as there have been so many questions about the weather I thought I would do a thread specifically about the weather for our 16 days at Playa Mujeres and keep it updated each day

We arrived in Mexico last Friday afternoon and have spent the first 5 nights at ERC and whilst there the weather has been dry and mostly sunny. The only rain we had was a 15 minute tropical shower yesterday afternoon

Today at has been another sunny day. Some clouds appeared at lunchtime but they quickly disappeared again and this afternoon it has been clear blue sky

Sellersburg, Indiana
Level Contributor
232 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather Update

FFM...So glad to hear you brought the dry and sunny skies with you! Sounds like you enjoyed your stay once again at ERC! Were you in an EC room? Just curious if the RTT or Imperial Suite Rooms are worth the upgrade price. I have stayed at SSS and was not crazy about the beach, I hear it is a bit better at ERC.

Erie, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
726 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather Update

Is this a weather update thread or a "live from" thread?

Also, Shannon C is there now and said there was pile driving on June 16th, which they could hear from their room although it was not offensively loud. That is good news!

What building do you expect to be in at EPM, Flip? Building 9?

Keep the weather updates coming!

Stowe, Vermont
Level Contributor
7,084 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather Update

A thread about 16 days of weather?

Sellersburg, Indiana
Level Contributor
232 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather Update

I like hearing about the weather in Cancun, here is what I have to look forward to, hot and humid!!!

92°RealFeel® 94°

Tonight Jun 18 Patchy clouds, warm and humid Lo 73° RealFeel 75°

Tomorrow

Jun 19

Clouds and sun; hot, humid Hi 91° RealFeel 99°

Friday Jun 20 A couple of thunderstorms Hi 91° RealFeel 100°

St. Thomas Ontario
Level Contributor
359 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather Update

<A thread about 16 days of weather?>

I would think that updates about current weather would be very helpful to anyone going there in the next 3 weeks. Given how much some forecasts vary from what reality is, I would think this is very helpful to people.

Stowe, Vermont
Level Contributor
7,084 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather Update

I found the weather forecasts to be very accurate on a given day. Plus, they offer satellite and radar.

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
397 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather Update

Don't know what the weather man has posted but let me tell you all, it's been hot hot hot for the last 5 days at EPM. Today has been the hottest I have experienced in the last six years for the month of June.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
2,577 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather Update

What is the weather like right now? I understand it is very hot and dry. Very different from what my friends experienced a week ago. A lot of rain and hardly any sun! Late in the season but certainly not hurricane season type weather.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
42,074 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather Update

quote; would be very helpful to anyone going there in the next 3 weeks.

Actually not. Maybe one week depending on storms forming off of Africa or a depression popping up (which it did in late May and gave us 3 days notice)

America, The...
Level Contributor
7,660 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Weather Update

<Actually not. Maybe one week depending on storms forming off of Africa or a depression popping up (which it did in late May and gave us 3 days notice)>

Vancouver, did you mean that a report from someone at a resort of his or her impressions of the weather that day, each day in a row like is being provided here would have predictive powers for a week out or a forecast from an expert meteorological source might be able to provide that kind of information? I was confused about which weather info you were referring back to since several sources have been mentioned in this thread.

Edited: 19 June 2014, 12:05