We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Changes at EPM

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,771 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Changes at EPM

Hi

Been here since lunchtime and have spotted a few changes since our last trip

EC Beach has been extended further towards TBH

EC Lounge has had a revamp

Edgar who many of us regulars know is now in charge of room service so has a more of a back room roll

The new Grill and Lobster House lunchtime menus we saw at ERC have not yet been rolled out here at EPM

Carolina again who many of us know has now graduated from college

More later

New England
Level Contributor
344 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Changes at EPM

Thanks FFM. We will be in on Saturday

New England
Level Contributor
344 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Changes at EPM

Btw, what's new about the EC lounge?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,087 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Changes at EPM

"Carolina again who many of us know has now graduated from college"

Great news.

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
4,562 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Changes at EPM

I was wondering the same about the EC lounge. I never have cared for that room, I mean lounge. Glad to hear they made some changes.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
3,734 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Changes at EPM

I only saw the lounge for the first time last month, but I wasn't a fan - the air seemed thick, almost hazy, not sure if they were using a scent or something but it wasn't pleasant. Preferred the lounge at ERC.

oakville, ON
Destination Expert
for Oakville
Level Contributor
5,068 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Changes at EPM

SO happy for Carolina. saw her grad photos and she was gorgeous. Looking forward to hosting she and Edwin and their significant others on isla this september. That girl is going places!!

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
3,558 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Changes at EPM

@ kerly - I was thinking some kind of management position at the new Finest when that opens for her? Just my speculation, but who knows... wish I was coming tot he party that you are hosting for them on isla. I just love Edwin and Carolina!!

@ rojo - Regarding the EC lounge - when you first walk in - they now have a row of desks and computers along the wall on the right in the 'concierge' area (the wall that divides the concierge and the 'lounge' area where they have all the couches / TV). Where the computers used to be, there is a new coffee station with 2 Nespresso machines. Nice touch. I didn't get the save 'haze' as emma did when we were there in April - maybe something changed in the month since we were there.

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
4,562 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Changes at EPM

So it's actually the same room, just arranged differently. Is the bar located in the same place?

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
3,558 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Changes at EPM

Yes, same room, bar in the same place. They just re-arranged it a bit.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,771 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Changes at EPM

Yes the EC lounge has just has a bit of a revamp are now has two more defined areas with the concierge staff and the "lounge" part separated by a screen / wall

We very rarely use it

I should add that Edgars wife if still well

Really liked the new welcome gifts in the from of luggage labels and the document wallet to match

Edited: 26 June 2014, 13:31