We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Secrets Playa Mujeres Photos

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,330 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
Secrets Playa Mujeres Photos

Hi

As promised to link below to some photos I was able to take of what you can see of the property from the beach together with several beach and ocean shots as many people have asked what it is like

…slickpic.com/albums/…

As you will see the build looks to be quite far advanced which is to be expected after nearly a year of construction going on and an opening date of November this year. As I know from previous builds, in Mexico especially, things can progress at a very rapid rate with round the clock working with huge crews of men which I am certain Rod Gahr will be urging on

The beach and ocean conditions IMHO will be very similar to that at EPM. As you will see from the photos as you would expect there is a lot of seagrass lying around as the beach has not been cleaned. On the day I walked along there was quite a lot in the ocean as well. The beach will be far deeper that at EPM as the property at SPM is set further back.

Once they clear the beach front of all the natural planting and debris I am sure it will be very nice indeed

Looking forward to staying there as part of our multi-resort trip in June / July 2015

Federal Way...
Level Contributor
348 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: Secrets Playa Mujeres Photos

Thanks for the update John.

The Wife and I took the walk up the beach to go look at the progress at the end of April, and they were concentrating on the roofing. Looks like a few more walls, but I like the fact that they will more than likely leave the beach for the very last.

It will be fun to compare your pictures of what it looks like now to when it will be finished.

I can't tell if that building that is a single row that curves right before the beach will be "ocean front" rooms or something else?

Depending on how they shape it those folks could be looking at a lot of folks enjoying the beach.

Dave

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,330 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: Secrets Playa Mujeres Photos

travelinman

"Flip, what are those villas on the walk from EPM to SPM? Are those private residences? They were very nice"

It is hard to tell. One looks like a private villa but others look like they are part of a boutique hotel. They may be the early stages of this development

http://www.caprichoresidences.com/

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,330 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: Secrets Playa Mujeres Photos

Another link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7hHi2J9t3M

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
3,565 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: Secrets Playa Mujeres Photos

Wow. That's amazing. It looks like what they have there now is just the first step to a lot more residences and a boutique hotel... all tied in to the golf course and the marina. It's interesting when you look through the photos for 'Playa Mujeres Resort' that it's the same entrance that you go through for EPM and The Beloved. I'm assuming with all of the new building going on down that road, that they may have to change that a bit. Seems like there could be a pretty hectic traffic jam going in and out of that place...

Wouldn't be surprised to see some retail (stores) go up at some point as well, especially if they build more residences. At least places to buy groceries.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,330 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: Secrets Playa Mujeres Photos

Some of the complex has been there for some time as we saw part of it closer to the Golf Course Club House when we were there in 2009. It seems too have been going since around 2008 but I think it has been slow to take off

When they build more along the beach front it will mean more of the beach is cleaned between there and The Finest

Sioux Falls, South...
Level Contributor
170 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
36. Re: Secrets Playa Mujeres Photos

That looks like a great place there.

I wonder if some will just connect to the other road that is parallel to the one we use at EPM. The one further to the west appears to be the on that will be used for getting to secrets as it will go a lot further north to what looks to be private homes before ending. The road to EPM only appears to go just past Capricho and then connects to the other one. I didn't see any road names but the 2 one-way only roads to EPM and the other road all come off the round about near the marina.

Edited: 07 July 2014, 15:37
Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,330 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
37. Re: Secrets Playa Mujeres Photos

If you look on Google Earth you will see another road that runs all the way to the new Secrets property

Level Contributor
580 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
38. Re: Secrets Playa Mujeres Photos

You're the best FFM! Thanks! :)

Edited: 07 July 2014, 18:46
Sioux Falls, South...
Level Contributor
170 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
39. Re: Secrets Playa Mujeres Photos

Thanks FFM, that was the one I was referring to.

I saw on GOOGLE map that it goes all the way north as far as it can, but that is the one that secrets will be using. Seeing the way roads are in the hotel zone, the 2 way road may be able to be made larger to handle more traffic that more resorts would make, thus making the current road design and size a non-issue.

Edited: 07 July 2014, 20:37
PA
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
1,928 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
40. Re: Secrets Playa Mujeres Photos

Thanks, Flip. Did you happen to notice if there were a lot of rocks in the water?

Get answers to your questions about Playa Mujeres