We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Catamaran Trip from EPM --->

Lancing, United...
Level Contributor
115 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
The Catamaran Trip from EPM --->

Apologies, I was unable to find the answer to these questions from a while back.

I believe I read that there is a catarmaran trip (for around $75) from EPM (or maybe the marina) I think it included retrun trip, food/drinks, maybe a visit to a turtle sanctuary, a little snorkelling.

I seem to recall that they leave you to do your own thing for a few hours and you return to the cat at an agreed time to return to the mainland.

Does this sound familiar, anyone?

Thanks

T-Minus 9 days :-)

St. Thomas Ontario
Level Contributor
358 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Catamaran Trip from EPM --->

Dave, here is a recent thread about that trip.

tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g1229340-i12413-k74…

Lancing, United...
Level Contributor
115 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Catamaran Trip from EPM --->

Thanks thepauls,

That was the one, perfect

Cheers from the rainy UK

oakville, ON
Destination Expert
for Oakville
Level Contributor
5,072 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Catamaran Trip from EPM --->

seriously, do a DIY trip to Isla rather than a tour. Much Much better

Lancing, United...
Level Contributor
115 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Catamaran Trip from EPM --->

Hi kerlyranoakville_ON

You mean make our own way to the marina, rent a boat privately (as opposed to this cat trip) then rent the golf cart, etc, etc?

I had imagined the catarmaran trip was only for, say, a dozen, maybe 20 max people?

Or am I on the wrong track here?

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
172 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: The Catamaran Trip from EPM --->

The catamaran trip is for about 20 people

You walk from EPM to the Marina - ~10 min

Once on boat they provide drinks only no food photographer takes pictures that you are able to purchase 10 each or 40 for a package which include bottle of corona with your picture on it

Snorkelling is included then you arrive at the island for ~ 3 hours of free time lots of golf carts to rent

We felt rushed on the isle do relive the experience we would DIY and get a map

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
661 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The Catamaran Trip from EPM --->

DIY - a cab from the hotel to the Ultramar Ferry Terminal then stay as long as you want. After reading on here this is what we will probably do so that we can spend the entire day on the Island & watch the sunset on one of Playa Nortes beach bars ;-)

oakville, ON
Destination Expert
for Oakville
Level Contributor
5,072 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The Catamaran Trip from EPM --->

yes, grab a cab to peurto juarez and the ultra mar ferry, rent a golf cart on isla and do your own thing....WAY MORE FUN!!!! and you will probably become an ISLAHOLIC!!!

over 150 restaurants on this little island with so many interesting things to do/see. Don't get yourself burdened with a tour, that takes you to a beach club with spoor penned in nurse shark where they pressure you to pay for a pic holding the poor dear and then feed you crappy buffet food.

explore, eat, have fun. if you have time before you go, order a Mapchick map, Invaluable.

Lancing, United...
Level Contributor
115 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The Catamaran Trip from EPM --->

Thanks everyone, much appreciate your time and advice.

Leeds
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: The Catamaran Trip from EPM --->

We got a cab down to the yellow ferrys over and it was $15 dollers from Epm.Bought return tickets for crossing sat in top and loved the sail over took about 20mins.

Rented a golf cart a drove round the island all day.Found a little beach on route round and some great road side stalls and had a beer in town.It's Bern our best day yet.

Taxi back to Epm was also $15 dollers,just agree it before you get in.

I hope to go back before we leave late next week!

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
111 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: The Catamaran Trip from EPM --->

At EPM now. We're planning on going to isla mujeres tomorrow. Some one told us there are bicycles to rent there also. Is this true??

Also, can some one recommend a great place to have lunch there?

Any other can't miss activities, sights??