We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stop Press - Las Olas

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,596 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Stop Press - Las Olas

You might have noticed in another thread earlier, Flip mentioned the addition of a large palapa on the beach for diners at Las Olas.

Well, construction is underway. The area has been screened off and the build stockade has incorporated the Los Olas shack. The X Lounge is now the temporary lunchtime cooking and demonstration area and tables and chairs are also sited there for dinners.

Knowing how fast the staff are, at building and knocking down "themed" structures, I wouldn't be surprised that by tonight, it will be returned to the X Lounge configuration.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,990 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stop Press - Las Olas

Virginia though it would take them around a 2 weeks to complete all the work

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
510 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stop Press - Las Olas

Glad to hear that it will be completed by the time we arrive in August!!! Sounds much better than the set-up they currently have.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
3,559 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stop Press - Las Olas

Any word on where the proposed coffee shop will be located??

Federal Way...
Level Contributor
348 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Stop Press - Las Olas

NICE! Can't wait to try this out come December!!

Dave

Newton Abbot...
Level Contributor
189 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Stop Press - Las Olas

It was already completed when we wandered down there a couple of days ago! Looks good!! :)

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,990 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Stop Press - Las Olas

Can you take a photo of it and post a link

How is the construction going? A new photo would also be aappreciaated

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
317 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Stop Press - Las Olas

Hi Travelinman, it has gone very quiet on the coffee shop, I did get a reply from the head concierge to my e-mail to Virginia regarding the improvements put forward on the thread I started but he seemed more interested in the popcorn machine than the coffee shop!! I will follow up, if I hear anything will let you know.

Newton Abbot...
Level Contributor
189 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Stop Press - Las Olas

FFM - I did take a photo, but I'm not sure it shows it in all it's glory! Will try & post once I have the energy!!

No photos of construction I'm afraid - didn't really notice it while we were there, although from what we did see, it's progressed masses from the last photos I saw on here!

9. Re: Stop Press - Las Olas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 July 2015, 05:15