We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Building recommendations for roof top 2story room EPM?

Knoxville, Tennessee
4 posts
Save Topic
Building recommendations for roof top 2story room EPM?

Building suggestions for EPM -Roof top 2story room (I think it's referred to RTT?? Please correct me if I'm wrong) .... We did not purchase the Excellence Club upgrade..... My husband & I do prefer privacy!!!

Colorado Springs...
Level Contributor
110 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Building recommendations for roof top 2story room EPM?

740x

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,487 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Building recommendations for roof top 2story room EPM?

Hi Tabby

The choice is a little limited just now with Building #7b being used for EC guests

Building #7 would be my suggestion if you want a quieter location or if you do not mind hearing the sound of the evening entertainment you could consider #7a or #8

excellence-resorts.com/caribbean-and-mexico-…

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Building recommendations for roof top 2story room EPM?

We are in the process of making the same decision. We are requesting building 7 or building 6. We have stayed in a corner unit in building 4 in the past. The corner units tend to be less private since there is another room directly across in the next building. Privacy is typically not a huge concern because we found that people usually do not pay attention to other RTTs. Also as far as I know, as long as you are discrete there are no rules on attire or lack thereof on the RTTs(if that is your reason for privacy). I believe the resort even allows some forms of undress in the common areas. From our experience people are usually classy, and typical behave like mature adults.

Vienna, Virginia
9 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Building recommendations for roof top 2story room EPM?

Hi Tabby! We are here now and in Room 7403 — it's just lovely. Non-EC, close to everything but very private. I had emailed about a week ago and asked for an RTT room that offered privacy and I couldn't be happier. It's really wonderful here! :)

Knoxville, Tennessee
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Building recommendations for roof top 2story room EPM?

Thank you all for wonderful responses!! Reading all the discussions gets me very excited!!! Dream Vacation count down!!!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Building recommendations for roof top 2story room EPM?

Tabby,

what dates are you staying at EPM?

Knoxville, Tennessee
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Building recommendations for roof top 2story room EPM?

We will be there from October 11-18!!!! How about you?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Building recommendations for roof top 2story room EPM?

We will be there Feb 4th thru Feb 8th. It will be our second time in a RTT.

We have invited several of our friends to join us, but if they can't make it we may upgrade to excellence club RTT.

Knoxville, Tennessee
4 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Building recommendations for roof top 2story room EPM?

Is the Excellence Club worth it?

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,487 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Building recommendations for roof top 2story room EPM?

Tabby

Very much depends on what you are looking for from your trip and what is important to you

If you like the idea of having access to some private pools and a private beach area with an extra layer of service then it has some value. The rooms are almost identical it is just that the Non-EC ones all site back further than from the beach and ocean

When it comes down to it it has to be personal choice. It is certainly not a prerequisite of having a great time

Check out what is included on their website and see if it appeal and if not you could use the money saved to perhaps stay longer, have spa treatments, etc

Get answers to your questions about Playa Mujeres
Recent Conversations