We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Indigo pearl or sala Phuket, which has best beach in Decembe

dunadry
Level Contributor
82 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Indigo pearl or sala Phuket, which has best beach in Decembe

Hi,

I posted this in the general Phuket forum and didn't get any replies. Hope no one minds if I repost here:

I posted back in August and got some great feedback on potential places to stay in early December.

I need to decide between indigo pearl and sala Phuket. Both look great and offer nice pool villas.

I am leaning towards indigo pearl mainly because of reports her on TA and the fact that there seems to be a bit more to do around the resort.

However, I am a bit worried about the beaches and the swimming, although is this normally only a problem in the rainy season.

Which of the beaches is best in December in terms of:

Cleanliness

Clarity of water for snorkelling

Safe swimming

Thanks,

Steven

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
109 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Indigo pearl or sala Phuket, which has best beach in Decembe

Hi we stayed at indigo pearl early last December and the beach was good for swimming cant comment on the snorkeling but there is a reef lots of fish there cause I enquired and a ta member gave me a map stay at indigo we loved it and I have just booked friends there phens restaurant is great say hi to nim for us loryn

Rawai Beach, Phuket
Destination Expert
for Phuket
Level Contributor
895 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Indigo pearl or sala Phuket, which has best beach in Decembe

Indigo Pearl would have the better beach for swimming IMO.

Nai Yang beach is more protected, wider sand area, and possibly even lifeguards (not sure about that but I doubt Sala's beaches have them)

Also, the area around Nai Yang would have more to do outside of the hotel or resort. THere are nearby restaurants, shops and also a nice National Park area that is left natural very close.

Good luck.

Caloundra, Australia
Level Contributor
22 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Indigo pearl or sala Phuket, which has best beach in Decembe

Hi, I am at Indigo Pearl now this is our second stay here the beach is fairly good, a lot of debris has washed up and is being cleaned constantly. I wouldn't say it is the cleanest beach but we like the Pearl and the small village on the beach behind the resort

dunadry
Level Contributor
82 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Indigo pearl or sala Phuket, which has best beach in Decembe

Thanks to everyone for their answers and advice. Looks like Indigo Pearl and if we do go to phens ill say hi to nim for you, Loryn.

Just one point fefforest60, what sort of debris is being washed up. Also is the sea rough at the minute as its probably the tail end of the Rainey season and that might be the reason. December should see calmer seas. Enjoy the rest of your stay at indigo.

Thanks again,

Steven

Caloundra, Australia
Level Contributor
22 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Indigo pearl or sala Phuket, which has best beach in Decembe

The debris is mainly driftwood but also plastic,thongs and other crap that is thrown away. The beach is really calm now as we have had perfect weather for the last six days, more like high season weather we have been swimming at the beach and pools.the pool villas and fantastic

dunadry
Level Contributor
82 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Indigo pearl or sala Phuket, which has best beach in Decembe

Thanks again. I have booked a pool villa also so it's great to know that you think they are fantastic. Enjoy the rest of your stay, cheers

Steven

7. Re: Indigo pearl or sala Phuket, which has best beach in Decembe

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 May 2017, 12:18
Get answers to your questions about Nai Thon
Recent Conversations