We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip to Wayanad, Munnar, Thekkady & Cochin

Bengaluru, India
11 posts
Save Topic
Trip to Wayanad, Munnar, Thekkady & Cochin

We have planned for a trip to wayanad, munnar, thekkady & cochin. The plan is for 4 days, departing on Dec 1st night & arrival back to Bangalore on Dec 6th morning.

Please suggest me the best route & iterinery to cover up all the places.

If not we are ready to drop Cochin.

Email : prashuks.mba@gmail.com

Vaikom, Kerala...
6 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip to Wayanad, Munnar, Thekkady & Cochin

Hi Prashanth

Four days will not be sufficient to cover all the places.

Please let know the mode of transport.

Suggestion is spend 2 nights in Munnar and 1 night in thekkady and then to cochin

Cochin
Level Contributor
371 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip to Wayanad, Munnar, Thekkady & Cochin

Dear Prasanth

It will be too hectic if you r d doing the Wayand ,Munnar and Thekkady in 04 Days .It would be better to go by the above advice ie 02 Nights Munnar and 01 Night at Thekkady

Kalpetta, India
Destination Expert
for Kalpetta, Kozhikode, Mysuru (Mysore), Kodagu (Coorg), Sultan Bathery, Wayanad District, Kerala
Level Contributor
867 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip to Wayanad, Munnar, Thekkady & Cochin

Dear Prashanth,

I agree with the view given above. Wayanad also requires at least 2 complete days. If you have couple of days more, you can do the trip together. Or you can do the trip separately, as Wayanad is only 6 h journey from Bangalore and there are direct buses to Wayanad.

Please note that there are direct bus from Bangalore to Munnar as well.

Regards

Sam Varghese

Groowynd Holidays in Wayanad

Bengaluru, India
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip to Wayanad, Munnar, Thekkady & Cochin

Hi Prashanth,

With four days you cant cover all this places. If you vishes to cover all this pleases extend your dates to seven days.

Spend 2 nights in wayanad and 2 nights in munnar 1 night thekkady and two nights at Kochin.

Ajith

Bengaluru, India
11 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip to Wayanad, Munnar, Thekkady & Cochin

Myself & my friends, a group of 11 are planning for a trip to kerala in a Tempo Traveller. We have decided to visit Wayanad, Athirapally falls, Munnar, Thekkady & Cochin. Could anyone please guide me the route map & the places to see with Itinerary.

We are departing from Bangalore on 1st Dec @ 5 a.m & need to arrive back to bangalore on 6th Dec by 8 p.m.

Waiting for your answers......

Bengaluru, India
11 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip to Wayanad, Munnar, Thekkady & Cochin

Myself & my friends, a group of 11 are planning for a trip to kerala in Tempo Traveller. We have decided to visit Wayanad, Athirapally falls, Munnar, Thekkady & Cochin(Beach only). Could anyone please guide me the route map & the places to see with Itinerary.

We are departing from Bangalore on 1st Dec @ 5 a.m & need to arrive back to bangalore on 6th Dec by 8 p.m.

Waiting for your answers......

Bengaluru, India
11 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip to Wayanad, Munnar, Thekkady & Cochin

Also suggest some economy & best homestays at Wayanad & Munnar...

Budget 1500-2000 per night.

Vaikom, Kerala...
6 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip to Wayanad, Munnar, Thekkady & Cochin

Hi Prashanth

Its difficult to cover all places in 4days time. You will not get time to enjoy ur holiday if ur planning to visit all the places. Instead cut down the places and enjoy ur time.

Dec2: Athirapily

Dec3: Munnar

Dec4:Munnar

Dec 5: Thekkady

Or cancel thekkady and visit alleppey. have some good time in beach as well as back waters

Kalpetta, India
Destination Expert
for Kalpetta, Kozhikode, Mysuru (Mysore), Kodagu (Coorg), Sultan Bathery, Wayanad District, Kerala
Level Contributor
867 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trip to Wayanad, Munnar, Thekkady & Cochin

Hi Prashanth,

In Munnar during 15 Dec - 15 Jan there is a marginal hike and difficult to get in that range. Check SN Sujatha or Bellmount, Autumn Trees in Munnar

In Wayanad, there are good homestays and hotels in that range. But most of them do not have websites. You can check with hotel Mint Flower Bathery or Woodlands in Kalpetta for Wayanad.

Kalpetta, India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
867 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Trip to Wayanad, Munnar, Thekkady & Cochin

Hi Prashanth,

Just now noticed the request for routing.

My suggestion, start on Nov 30 Night and reach Munnar 01 Morning. Sightseeing on 01 and 02 and evening travel to Thekkady. 03 Morning do the Wildlife and boating and travel to Kochi on same day. 04 Nov early morning set out for sightseeing of Kochi and Try to reach Athirappally by evening and see the waterfalls. Travel during the night to Wayanad (7 hours). 05 early morning while coming do the freshen up from Adivaram. Start sightseeing from Pookot Lake.. Complete the sight seeing by noon on 06 Nov. Afternoon 3 O' clock go for Muthanga wildlife and around 5 pm start for Bangalore. You will be able to reach by 11 pm. Journey would be hectic.

Regards

Sam

Groowynd Holidays in Wayanad

Get answers to your questions about Kalpetta