We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3day trip to Wayanad.

Chennai
2 posts
Save Topic
3day trip to Wayanad.

Hi,

we (7guys) are going to Wayanad on the start of december.

I've gone through the posts already. But someone please advice me the order in which we should visit the places as we can make most use of the trip. We'll be roaming around in an Innova which we've already booked. So wants to make the most of those 3 days.

Also please advice the things to carry. (To avoid "God, i should've had that." :-) )

Thanks.

1. Re: 3day trip to Wayanad.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 26 November 2011, 12:05
Kalpetta, India
Destination Expert
for Kalpetta, Kozhikode, Mysuru (Mysore), Kodagu (Coorg), Sultan Bathery, Wayanad District, Kerala
Level Contributor
873 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3day trip to Wayanad.

Hi

Welcome to Wayanad.

Please let me know the time you are reaching Wayanad, Place you are staying (Kalpetta, Sulthan Bathery, Vythiri, Banasura, Karapuzha), and time of lyour departure.

We will be able to help you with the routing.

Regards

Sam Varghese

Groowynd Holidays in Wayanad

chennai
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras)
Level Contributor
4,218 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3day trip to Wayanad.

hi Tj,

Day 1: soochipara waterfalls chembra peak (for trekking) Edakkal cave , Hertrage Museum and Muthanga wildlife sanctuary,

Day 2: pookat lake boating, Bansara sagar dam

Day3: Kuruva Island (for Bamboo boat driving) and Tholpetty wildlife sanctuaries.

Depending upon in which area you stay you start from there.

Often power shuts down in Wayanad and the hotel/resort you stay if they do not have Generator , so carry torch light.

Though monsoon period is over, I do not know if its raining now, better carry umbrellas each.

with regards,

Alen

Chennai
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 3day trip to Wayanad.

Hi Alen,

Thanks for the reply.

We'll be staying in Kalpetta.

For the 3rd day, please advice the places which are on the way to Calicut from Kalpetta. Coz we need to catch the train at 8pm from there.

Thanks.

Kalpetta, India
Destination Expert
for Kalpetta, Kozhikode, Mysuru (Mysore), Kodagu (Coorg), Sultan Bathery, Wayanad District, Kerala
Level Contributor
873 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 3day trip to Wayanad.

Hi TJ

Pookot Lake, Chain Tree and Lakkid View point are on the way to Calicut.

Sorry to say that the plan given by Mr Allen for first day is not doable .

Pl let me know the time you are reaching on first day. I would be able to provide you a realistic plan.

It has been raining till yesterday, today we have a very sunny climate.

Regards

Sam

Groowynd Holidays in Wayanad

6. Re: 3day trip to Wayanad.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2013, 01:42
Get answers to your questions about Kalpetta