We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip to Wayanad

Which Kalpetta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chennai (Madras...
6 posts
Save Topic
Trip to Wayanad

I am planing for a trip to Wayanad on 23rd Nov for 2 days ..Is it a good time to visit.. Am planning to stay @ Sultan Batery.. Wat are the places to visit... Do have enough bus from Wayanad to Calicut.. Since i am boarding back from there.

5 replies to this topic
Kalpetta, India
Destination Expert
for Kalpetta, Kozhikode, Mysuru (Mysore), Kodagu (Coorg), Sultan Bathery, Wayanad District, Kerala
Level Contributor
841 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip to Wayanad

Hi Shinu,

Welcome to Wayanad.

Nov is a perfect time for Wayanad visit.

I have mentioned details of all places in the following link:

tripadvisor.in/…42324257

Yes, there are lot of buses from Wayanad to Calicut. It takes 3 hours from Wayanad to Calicut by bus.

Regards

Sam Varghese

Groowynd Holidays

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip to Wayanad

You can feel pleasant climate in November. Green peaks of Wanayad become more beautiful, making it an ideal time for tourist visit with less possibility of rainfall. The weather is very comfortable and pleasant. It is one of the best times to visit the place and to indulge in sightseeing and adventure activities. You can still enjoy waterfalls and visit wildlife sanctuaries during this period.

Tiruchirappalli...
Level Contributor
1,268 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip to Wayanad

there are busses availalbe from wayanad to calicut.

you can also cehck ksrtc.co.in if you require volvo bus!

Chennai (Madras...
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip to Wayanad

Hi,

Thanks for the review.

I am planning to stay near tholpetty on first day. Visit some places till 9t. And then nxt day probly like to travel to Kalpetta so that i can visit all the waterfalls and Muthanga Wildlife. Is it good plan, if so could you give me a list of places to visit in these 2 areas... Moreover i would reach

tholpetty only by afternoon since my train arrives in Calicut in morning and i have to drive to tholpetty which is 3 hrs trip..

Kalpetta, India
Destination Expert
for Kalpetta, Kozhikode, Mysuru (Mysore), Kodagu (Coorg), Sultan Bathery, Wayanad District, Kerala
Level Contributor
841 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip to Wayanad

Hi

Please note that at Muthanga and Tholpetty Wild Life Sanctuary entry time is morning 0700 -0900 and evening 1500 - 1700 h. You need to be there before 01 hour ie by 0600 h or 1400 h to avail a Jeep. From Calicut to Tholpetty it takes around 3.5 hours.

If you are planning to visit Muthanga in the morning slot, it is suggested to stay near Sulthan Bathery.

Regards

Sam

Reply to: Trip to Wayanad
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kalpetta