We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip to Waynad during October

Chennai (Madras...
7 posts
Save Topic
Trip to Waynad during October

Hi,

We are planning for trip to waynad during the first week.of october. Could anyone please confirm, whether the Weather conditions will affect any of our tourist spots , mainly kuruva island and banasura sagar dam.

Kalpetta, India
Destination Expert
for Kalpetta, Kozhikode, Mysuru (Mysore), Kodagu (Coorg), Sultan Bathery, Wayanad District, Kerala
Level Contributor
882 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip to Waynad during October

Hi

Oct weather is generally good. However, this year, as we received good rains, comparatively, water level at Kuruva has gone up. Hence, Kuruva Island may not be open sometimes. Will update on the same.

Regards

Sam

Kasaragod, India
Level Contributor
33 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip to Waynad during October

Wayanad got good precipetation ths year . however kuruva may get closed , basura sagar dam opened 2 time this year and ,almost all water spots are owing due to heavy monsoons . and weather will be cool but not as december . generally it lies near to coorg and has an higher evaluation . so it experience cool weather . today it self wayanad experienced a temperature of minimum of 17 and max of 25 , and it goes down to 15-16 during october months last .http://www.imd.gov.in/section/nhac/distforecast/wayanad.htm ( please visit site )

and it goes down to 7 degree during winter . but i reccomend you to visit a place like coorg or ooty because it has good weather and got moderate rain .and time is also less to both of these place . you can enjoy also .

Mentioned in this post
Wayanad District
Wayanad District
Kerala, India
Chennai (Madras...
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip to Waynad during October

Any updates regarding the Kuruva island? This is one of the best place in waynad.please update the weather also

4. Re: Trip to Waynad during October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 March 2014, 17:46
bangalore
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip to Waynad during October

planning to visit wayanad in 2nd week of oct should we go prepared with warm clothing, how is the weather, do they have any adventure activities in wayanad resorts, which resort can be cosidered for a family of 2 children & 2 adult. which can organise adventure activites & site visits also at a reasonable cost.

what is the duration of stay required to cover all the places in & around wayanad? somebody please letus know as we are from north

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip to Waynad during October

Hi we are also visiting at the same time. I am awaiting same response from a reliable source. Pls contact me at vedtrisam@gmail.com I shall brief you on the same. Bye do enjoy.

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip to Waynad during October

We are also visitng Wayand at the same time as you mentioned in the second week of OCT 2013. Am awaiting the response from a reliable source. Pls do contact me at vedtrisam@gmail.com. I shall guide you. BYe.

Chennai (Madras...
7 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip to Waynad during October

hi all ,

last week we went to waynad .climate is good not that much cold .we didn't used any jackets or warm clothes .kuruwa island is closed nd menmutty falls is also not opened .

Bangalore...
4 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Trip to Waynad during October

Hi I am planning to go to Waynad from Bangalore via Gundulpet(as got some suggestions). Can anyone confirm if the road condition is good for going there on bikes?

Mentioned in this post
Wayanad District
Wayanad District
Kerala, India
Bangalore District
Bangalore District
Karnataka, India
Bangalore...
4 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Trip to Waynad during October

To be specific, I am planning to only visit Banasura Lake in Waynad....so need a confirmation about road conditions

Edited: 17 October 2013, 16:13
Mentioned in this post
Wayanad District
Wayanad District
Kerala, India
Get answers to your questions about Kalpetta