We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Who should I use to book hotel?

London, United...
Level Contributor
75 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Who should I use to book hotel?

I am planning to go to Majorca, flying budget airline from our local airport. I know which hotel I want and can book with Travel Republic, Bookable Holidays or Alpha Rooms. I've never used any of them so would really appreciate a recommendation (or not!).

Thanks

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,584 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Who should I use to book hotel?

I've used alpharooms in the past with no problem

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Who should I use to book hotel?

Good question.I book accommodation in Majorca twice a year usually months in advance.I also book accommodation elsewhere in Spain.

I find Travel Republic very competitive on price for Spain including Majorca.I have never had a problem with them.But you do have to pay upfront.I have also used booking.com

Their website is easier to use than TR and you pay nothing when making your booking.You can cancel your booking direct with the hotel up to 48hrs before your scheduled arrival at no cost.That is ultra-convenient but their prices are higher than TR generally speaking.

N. Wales
Level Contributor
143 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Who should I use to book hotel?

We have used Alpha Rooms for our holiday next week. We booked flight, accommodation and transfers with them and we are happy with the price we paid.

cork ireland
Level Contributor
655 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Who should I use to book hotel?

While I browse a few of them it is usually between Alpharooms and booking.com for me with venere a close third and have never had any problems with either, Alpha do tend to be the cheapest but as above you pay up front with Alpharooms, booking .com give more flexability with most deals as long as they're not much dearer, you sometimes get good non-refundable deals with booking.com if you have definitely made your mind up.

Edited: 18 July 2011, 08:05
London, United...
Level Contributor
75 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Who should I use to book hotel?

Thanks very much, went with Alpha Rooms.

midlands uk
Level Contributor
173 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Who should I use to book hotel?

I have just used travel republic to book, hotel,flight,car hire,carpark and insurance. I found them very competitive and I have made a couple of alterations to my booking and I think the service has been excellent.

Last year I booked with Thomson and I was not impressed with the service I recieved when I wanted to ammend.(Long phone call queing mainly).

7. Re: Who should I use to book hotel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2012, 03:19
Get answers to your questions about Alcudia
Recent Conversations