We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just back !

NOTTINGHAM UK
Level Contributor
316 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Just back !

Back today from a red hot Alcudia, had a great week at Delfin Azul, will do a review later, Last went to Alcudia 3 year's ago and I did think that prices have gone up quite a bit, I found Tenerife quite a bit cheaper to eat out and for drink's. I found another great cocktail bar called Enjoy, and boy did i enjoy them ! About 6 euro each so not too bad, We rented a car for 3 day's so got out to Palma and Pollensa for the day, very nice. Alcudia has not changed too much since I last went, the beach is still fantastic ,but I must say that there seemed to be a big drop in english people out there on holiday and in fact even the bar owner's were saying the same. Any questions ask away

Mentioned in this post
Tenerife
Tenerife
Canary Islands, Spain
middlesbrough
Level Contributor
65 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just back !

Hi,im going to alcudia on sunday could you please tell me if you know what was the exchange rate was there thx Nikki

NOTTINGHAM UK
Level Contributor
316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just back !

I got 50 euro out the cash point and it cost me £44.69 plus £2 charge, i dont know what the rate was if you changed it over there sorry

cork ireland
Level Contributor
655 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just back !

Good to see you had a great time Daney, we will be arriving late to D. Azul, about 11.00-11.30, I get the feeling the hotel closes down around midnight, hopefully I'm wrong, where would the nearest bar for a beer be at that time.

NOTTINGHAM UK
Level Contributor
316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just back !

I may be wrong but i think the bar is open till 1am. If you turn right out the hotel to the end of the street there are plenty of bar's around, but if you turn right go over the next road pass the car hire place there is a fantastic bar called Enjoy they are open till 4am, the cocktail's are 6 euro each and fantastic ! But they do beer as well but not sure of the prices, have a great time

cork ireland
Level Contributor
655 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just back !

Thanks Daney, so that's where 'enjoy' is, I know the car hire place from google earth, this will be handy rather than looking around for a place so late upon arrival, will report on my return, I see you couldn't improve the comfort of the beds in your review , ah well, just have to make the most of them.

NOTTINGHAM UK
Level Contributor
316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just back !

Hi Oscars hubby's bed was fine ! but he would not swap ! typical bloke lol, look forward to hearing about your holiday when you get back, when do you fly out ?

cork ireland
Level Contributor
655 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just back !

Monday evening Sept 5 Daney, spending 6 nights in D. Azul Pd'A, as we have a car, then returning car and spending 3 nights in Can Pastilla, next to the airport, will spend some time in Palma, I'll be alright on the poorer bed as long as I find 'enjoy' and a few more similar outlets for sleeping medicine.

Thanks for the info and the hotel review.

Edited: 26 August 2011, 13:47
Mentioned in this post
Can Pastilla
Can Pastilla
Majorca, Spain
middlesbrough
Level Contributor
65 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just back !

Thank you Daney,exchange rate seems to be around about the same as uk.

9. Re: Just back !

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2012, 03:16