We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bars and restaurants

NEWPORT, SOUTH WALES
Level Contributor
99 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Bars and restaurants

Hi

I have just booked a week to Alcudia in September, staying at the Sol de Alcudia Aparthotel.

What are the best bars and restaurants to go?

Thanks

Al

Belfast
Level Contributor
1,089 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bars and restaurants

Hi

There are loads of bars and restaurants to choose from as its a very busy area. If you are on a tight budget, you could try the Lago Chinese Buffet which is situated on the main street just at the bottom of the road where the Sol Centre is situated.There's Romas steak restaurant just around the corner from Sol Centre (on the main street) towards the beach and there's a cracking Tapas restaurant - S'amfora (on the main road). Another restaurants to try is Lunas Grill which is a bit more expensive but has great entertainment. The White Rose is also a lovely bar/restaurant. There are chinese restaurants, indian restaurants, chippies and also the usual burger king, KFC and pizza hut. For drinks could try Cheers Bar and the Peach Pit (opposite Sol Centre) if you have kids going with you, as they have nightly kids' entertainment and if you want big jugs of cocktail you could try the cocktail bar at the Waikiki Hotel (just beside the Sol Centre). Further on up the road there's All Stars Bar (just at the Bridge) and there's loads of other bars close by the bridge, i.e. Jokers Irish Bar. There are also sports bars like Linekers but they also serve food. As there are so many bars and restaurants in this area I'm sure you'll find something suitable, as not only do you have the main street with loads to choose from, you can also walk down onto the main road or along the beach to the port which is also a very busy and popular spot to eat, drink and shop! Hope I've helped in some way and hope others reply with their favourites!

Jaye

NEWPORT, SOUTH WALES
Level Contributor
99 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bars and restaurants

Thank you for your reply. Lots of choices!!!

Belfast
Level Contributor
1,089 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bars and restaurants

Yeh you're right there - more than you can imagine! lol

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,879 posts
310 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bars and restaurants

Oh god I took the recommendation and tried the All Stars Bar by the canal. I don't know where to begin on how awful it was. The waiter took forever to bring us two beers, left them sitting on the bar for ten minutes, then put them on his tray and proceeded to collect every used glass from every empty table first. Stuck his fingers into those dirty glasses, then handed us our without so much a smile or a sorry.

Next came my visit to the All Star Bar loo. Its literally at the far end of the bar, and the stench alone helped guide me to it. I could not believe that at 2pm on a quiet afternoon that what looked like vomit from the night before was dried in to the toilet bowl and seat. I used it as I was desperate, but there wasn't any handwash, and only a dribble of water coming out of the tap. Fair made my stomach churn. We got out of there as fast as we could.

Thank goodness for the lovely wee beach bar by the volleyball area. Saved the day, plus it has free wifi too. Does anyone know their name?

thanks

Belfast
Level Contributor
1,089 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bars and restaurants

Hi

I'm so sorry you had such a bad experience of the All Stars Bar. Must admit i rarely use the toilet when i'm there and would simply be having a drink, enjoying the music and watching the world go by (plus having a laugh at people trying to go over the bridge via pedal power! Anyway, do you mean the bar/restaurant attached to the Cuidad Blanca Hotel?

J

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,879 posts
310 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bars and restaurants

Hi Jaycee. I just put it down to bad luck:) I don't think the lovely beach bar is at the Cuidad Blanca, but the one immediately the can picafort side of the wee bridge on Alcudia beach if that makes sense.

Belfast
Level Contributor
1,089 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bars and restaurants

Hi,

I think i know the bar you mean. Its right on the beach. Am i right in thinking it has comfy chairs that you wouldn't expect in a beach bar? i do remember walking past a bar like this, just over the bridge and it was attached to the Boccaccio hotel. I never got a chance to go in because we were just having a stroll along the beach at the time.

J

Belfast
Level Contributor
1,089 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bars and restaurants

sorry meant to say if you have a look at the pics of the hotel roc boccaccio on hotels.com you'll see pics of their beach bar and the volleyball nets are right beside it!

J

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,879 posts
310 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bars and restaurants

Thats the one! Well spotted. I remember the name Playero and it says Baccaccio Playero in the photo of the beach bar. It also had a nice wee sitting area just off the beach on a raised decked platform. It offers a nice little respite from the beating sun. Oh to be there now!

Belfast
Level Contributor
1,089 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bars and restaurants

oh to be there now indeed! Yeh my friend walked past that bar for the first time this year and she lives in the port and had never noticed it before. She also enjoyed a few drinks in it and said it was so lovely she could've sat all day. If i get a chance next year I'm def gonna sit in it watching the world go by in the sunshine!

J

x

Get answers to your questions about Alcudia
Recent Conversations