We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Horseriding in Mallorca - for a novice...

Amersham, United...
Level Contributor
39 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Horseriding in Mallorca - for a novice...

Hello,

I'm really hoping to try riding when we go to Alcudia next week. I know it'll be very hot and I don't want to take jeans just for one horse (!) so are leggings enough? And what about footwear/other clothing?

I don't even know what's on offer but want this to be the one thing I do out there. Any advice (including about clothing) welcome.

Belfast
Level Contributor
1,029 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Horseriding in Mallorca - for a novice...

Hi

You don't say which hotel you're staying in but there's horse riding available beside the Bellevue. Check out their website ... ranchograndemallorca.com. I have watched them doing a little trekking behind the Siesta 1 and i reckon leggings and trainers would be enough as it will be very hot but i'm sure you could contact them for advice.

J

Amersham, United...
Level Contributor
39 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Horseriding in Mallorca - for a novice...

Phew! Really appreciate both bits of information you've given; I was starting to worry.

We're actually staying in a house near the lake but quite near everything I'm told.

I'm going straight to the site you've referred me to! Thanks!

Belfast
Level Contributor
1,029 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Horseriding in Mallorca - for a novice...

hey if you're staying near the lake (as in lake placid) you'll be close to this ranch. In fact you're practically beside it. I also think No Frills Excursions have a horse riding trip and they have a shop on the main street not far from Lunas Grill or you could look at their website now I guess .... www.nofrills-excursions.com

J

x

Amsterdam
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Horseriding in Mallorca - for a novice...

Hi,

After reading some reviews here on horse riding experiences in the North of Mallorca, we were put off by several stories on bad treatment of the horses, and decided not to go to that particular Rancho. Instead we booked a different horse riding trip in Alcudia through the nofrills website. The animals at the Ranxo Ses Roques farm looked very good to us. My wife, our 10 year old daughter and myself (all without experience) had a nice and adventurous mountain ride here. The path has many stones and rocks and the 2 hour ride is not without risk, but the horses know very well what to do and not to do. The people were also very nice.

JP from NL

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Horseriding in Mallorca - for a novice...

Hi

I do a lot of riding in Mallorca, the best place by far is Hipica Formentor see the linkhttp://www.hipicaformentor.com/en/riding.html#.Uf_qntKkqNw, leggings and soft shoes will be fine and the horses there are safe and very friendly. Have fun!

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
11,508 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Horseriding in Mallorca - for a novice...

perhaps check your holiday insurance covers you, it might be considered a dangerous sport and have to pay extra. We were ok provided we wore helmets but all insurances are different

Arnhem, The...
Level Contributor
1 post
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Horseriding in Mallorca - for a novice...

I don't understand how people can metion hipica formentor. We went there for my gf to ride horse but had a hard time finding it as there where no directions what so ever, not even on their own entry path. When we got there we where shocked about the mess we saw. It looked like a dump yard. The horses looked very skinny and there was no shadow place for them. If this is the "natural" way of horse riding as they promote on their website then personally I think it's a load of BS. Maybe we got it all wrong but first impression was very bad, nothing like their website which looks rather professional. In the end my gf decided not to ride horse and we left.

8. Re: Horseriding in Mallorca - for a novice...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 19 April 2014, 22:35
surrey
Level Contributor
84 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Horseriding in Mallorca - for a novice...

Hi we have been horse riding in majorca a few times now at The Rancho Grande. It has a small area with animals and birds. We have been on the trip where you have a ride have a barbq and do a bit of line dancing. The last time we were there we went for a 2 hr ride to the beach. As we had done the barbq etc a few times before we preferred this. We were picked up and taken back to our hotel at club Mac.

10. Re: Horseriding in Mallorca - for a novice...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 May 2015, 05:15