We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

alcudia 20th-27th october 2013

Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
alcudia 20th-27th october 2013

Hi going to alcudia for a week on the 20th october been to palma nova in the past. Ive never been on a proper family holiday as in "my own family". I have an 18month old little boy who I hopes going to love his holiday, I hope all 3 of us do. We are staying at the club mac so wondering wot alcudia is like & wot the weather should be like? So excited just hope we're not dissapointed , we are also allinclusive but are there any recommendations that anyone has on places to eat out if we fancy a change of scenery?

London
Level Contributor
1,703 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: alcudia 20th-27th october 2013

those dates are right to the very end of the season. lots of stuff will be shutting up for the year (if they haven't already). to that extent, it will be hard to recommend places - however you could always try walking to the port from club mac - it's about 25 minutes and there will still be plenty of places open. if the road train is still running, then it will be a much quicker way of getting there or walk and get a taxi back from the rank. if you want to try more spanish food then i urge you to see if ramon's or ca'n punyetes are open in the port and try there. the immediate area around club mac is a bit "brits abroad"; not saying that in a negative way, just using it as a description and although not for me, it is many people's thing.

the weather will be changeable and unpredictable - you could have some lovely sunny days, but you could also have quite a lot of rain. whatever, the weather will still be better than the uk :) the temperature will drop rapidly in the evening though, so take a light wrap/jacket. Here's last years actual weather wunderground.com/history/…calendar

if you get a poor weather day, then also at least take a look around the walled old town of alcudia while you're there to pass the time. again, walkable from where you are; although at least 30 minutes. will be stuff to eat and drink and just have a wonder around. a good day to go is sunday morning when the main market is on there; loads of free samples to snack on. also, go to the port and walk around the quay and see how the other half live (understanding that some of those yachts moored there cost about £10k in fuel just to go for a quick spin up the coast let alone staff, maintenance and mooring costs!!).

the walk to the port is simple, down the road to the roundabout with the links (burger king on it) and straight across and walk a similar distance and there you are. the walk to the old town is down the road to the same roundabout, but take a left (so you walk along side lydls) and then 2nd exit at the next roundabout and up the gentle hill.

Edited: 25 September 2013, 10:54
2. Re: alcudia 20th-27th october 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2014, 05:20
Get answers to your questions about Alcudia