We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

who's going

Highlands
Level Contributor
2,150 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
who's going

Forums a bit quiet so I thought I'd throw this out.

who's returning this year and who's coming for the first time ?

lets make it interesting. Favourite place to eat, bar, place to visit etc.

this will my first visit in 10 years. Arriving on 6th July. Staying at siesta. As for places to eat, places change so much year to year but I used to love the chippy in the port. Favourite bar is Jolly Roger, great pool.

Leeds
Level Contributor
17 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: who's going

We are going to a villa just outside the old town on July 19th. I've never been to mallorca. Would love to hear about bars and restaurants in the old town that are more than just touristy holes.

Highlands
Level Contributor
2,150 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: who's going

Take your pick. The old town is full of them. I lived in the old town in 2001 and loved it. Worked in the port but was well worth the long walk home every night. I'm sure love every minute

Leeds
Level Contributor
17 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: who's going

Ta for that. In late July are we talking crazy hot?

Highlands
Level Contributor
2,150 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: who's going

Well for me I'd say it was comfy.

but then again for me, the hotter the better. Throw an extra chilli in the sun lol

Leeds
Level Contributor
17 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: who's going

Ha. I'd be happy with that but I have to at least TRY and be a responsible parent and not turn them into pork crackling.

London
Level Contributor
1,463 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: who's going

Returning again; usually visit 2 or 3 times a year staying in an apartment.

Looking forward to eating at Ramon's for Pepe serving tapas at the bar like a mad man, Rancho Chico for great Iberico Pork and Ca'n Punyetes for a tapas meal and bottle of tubero (never seen this stuff anywhere else).

Mostly looking forward to some heat, day time on the beach at S'illot which is relatively quiet and then eating outside late at night (10:30pm onwards and still hot hot hot).

kendal, uk
Destination Expert
for Kendal
Level Contributor
1,254 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: who's going

Yay us !!! Coming back in august for our 3rd time, staying at seaclub apartments, favourite bars are jolly roger, rock around the pool on a sunday is just brilliant, the band are superb !

Just down the road from seaclub is oxygen bar, cracking little place, fab cocktails, we kept in touch with Amanda and Dave that run it, can't wait to see them again.

S'amfora is a favourite restraunt of ours, great food, ate out at some really smashing places in the old town and port area, but can't quite remember the names of the places !

Lunas grill is brill, especially when the take that tribute lads are on, the portions of food are mahoosive !

Hubby always hires a bike and takes himself off into the mountains which he loves, we also jump on the local buses and get out and about, puerto pollensa is a lovely place too .

Cramlington, United...
Level Contributor
68 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: who's going

I am going 19th June for a week with husband and 2 year old son staying at Delfin Azul. A nice relaxing week of playing on the beach and in the pool.

I've been to Alcudia once but 14 years ago. Hoping for lots of nice family restaurants and things to keep little one entertained and happy on an evening.

Hampshire England
Level Contributor
5,457 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: who's going

Crazy hot at the end of July? Well it'll typically peak between 30 and 40 degrees in the afternoon, but more importantly it'll be sun index 8 or 9 - really really strong sunshine that'll cook you in an instant.

Factor 50 for kids in my book.

Level Contributor
449 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: who's going

Hi ! Our 1st time to alcudia , wanted a nice short flight with a gorge beach so it won ! We're staying in viva sunrise in August ! Don't know what to expect but we are excited !! X

Get answers to your questions about Alcudia