We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rafina port to Athens Hilton

Atlanta, Georgia
4 posts
Save Topic
Rafina port to Athens Hilton

Please advise the best way to get from Rafina Port to Athens Hilton on Sunday at 2:00pm...Coming in from a wedding on Mykonos. We want to get to Athens in time to take an Athens by night tour that evening..

bridgnorth
Level Contributor
3,425 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Rafina port to Athens Hilton

There is a KTEL bus from Rafina which terminates at Pedio Areos , Mavromatean Street in central Athens, then probably easiest to take a taxi to the hotel.

Around one bus an hour, takes about 70 minutes.

Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Athens
Level Contributor
13,780 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rafina port to Athens Hilton

I 'd also thinking of taking the KTEL bus to Airport instead taking the bus going downtown Athens and then taking the metro from the airport to get in the city.

Hilton is at Evengelismos stop. Take escalators to the left and you 'll see it in front of you. It's a 3 minutes walking distance from the station.

----------

Both options will take around 90 minutes overall.

Atlanta, Georgia
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Rafina port to Athens Hilton

Thank you so much. After reading up on the subject last night, however, I am very paranoid that the seajet I am taking is not very reliable due to weather restrictions... I don't have much room for error on my days left in Athens. Thinking of cancelling the seajet and getting a flight over from Mykonos to have a sure thing...Thoughts?

bridgnorth
Level Contributor
3,425 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Rafina port to Athens Hilton

Both Aegean and Olympic airlines have flights from Mykonos to Athens on Sunday. Have a look at their websites for times and prices.

From the airport you can take the metro or the X95 bus to central Athens.

Mason City, Iowa
Level Contributor
2,623 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rafina port to Athens Hilton

We've flown many times Athens/Mykonos, and we've found it very reliable. We've flown both Aegean and Olympic. It's a very quick flight...25 minutes.

Atlanta, Georgia
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Rafina port to Athens Hilton

Thanks to all..I have booked the noonish flight on Aegean Air to get back to Athens..Already sleeping better at night. ; ) Next dilemma: Looking forward to the "Athens by Night" tour, but I see very mixed reviews about the quality of the tour guides and of the restaurant and Greek Folk Dancing at the end of the tour..Is there one tour that you can recommend that is consistently "good"? Do most of them go to the same restaurant for dinner and dancing or can that vary? This just sounds like such a fun concept and I don't want to be disappointed!!!

Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Athens
Level Contributor
13,780 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rafina port to Athens Hilton

Kudos for the flight :)

Well. . . an "Athens by night" tour is. . . well. . . a bit touristy and i suppose a bit cheesy, but not like "mac and cheese" cheesy; more like "inauthentic" cheesy.

Reality though is that these things depend. Despite what most people think, we don't go out dancing all night, at least on weekdays :) This is a tour for tourists and i guess it is a sucess for some, it is probably indeed fun, but i doubt you 'll see any locals. Other option is to go out for youself for a dinner in some traditional place, but you 'll miss the supposed "fun".

I 'd probably skip it, although i have done similar tours in Cairo or Spain. Usually they are inauthentic and tourist oriented. I 'd probably go out walking between Plaka and Monastiraki and finding a great place to dine, then walk near Acropolis.

Specific tour cannot be consistenly good, because by definition it is not a good tour for all.

Atlanta, Georgia
4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Rafina port to Athens Hilton

I totally understand, Nick..and thank you for your reply. This will be on a Sun night and I will have my Aunt and Mother with me also..My mother is 80 (she would never speak to me again if she knew I revealed that to the world).Anyway, because of them I thought the "cheesy" might work..I can handle a cheesy performance but would love the food to be "very good"...We will be returning from my son's wedding on Mykonos and the details of this trip will no doubt be passed down for generations to come.. : ) Dang, don't know what to do!!!!

Riyadh, Ar Riyad...
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rafina port to Athens Hilton

I need to go by bus from Novotel to Rafina port to catch the seajet to Mykonos, I have a bit seasickness, is the seajet is inappropriate way to use any body can advise me and thank you in advance.

Chelmsford, United...
Destination Expert
for Rafina
Level Contributor
474 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Rafina port to Athens Hilton

If it's windy, you may feel nauseous. If you seriously suffer from sea sickness, you may want to change your plans .

Get answers to your questions about Rafina