We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Road safety

Clermont-Ferrand...
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
Road safety

Hello, We are traveling to Llanca next week but I read that there was some criminal activity on the AP-7, a group who targeted cars with foreign license plates... could anyone confirm this news and if other roads in Catalunya are concerned?

Thank you!

2 replies to this topic
Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
9,242 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Road safety

This has been happening for ages, not just on this road but in others in Spain (and I heard that in France and Italy too). There were some news months ago about a gang of these criminals being arrested. This does not guarantee anything, another gang may there now... but I can only say that hundreds of cars use the AP-7 every day and night without special concern. Use your common sense, never stop if a stranger tells you to (if something was really wrong with your car you would have noticed, and if it is not so wrong, it can wait!). Wait for a petrol station or somewhere with more people and in any case do not leave your belongings unattended.

Clermont-Ferrand...
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Road safety

Thank you for your advice, I never heard of that happening here in France but I guess they just don't mention it on the news. Best!

Reply to: Road safety
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Llanca
More Llanca Topics