We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help to organise my tour in Chiang mai

houston
Level Contributor
1,235 posts
Save Topic
Need help to organise my tour in Chiang mai

Hi There,

I have searched what to see in 3 days when we'll be in Chiang mai ...Please have a look and advise me what should I skip and what should I add in there if I'm missing something worth to see....Travelling in July...

Day 1 we'll arrive Chiang mai in theafternoon at 2pm...Any suggestions what we can do that half day?...

Day 2 . To see Doi Suthep temple +Handicraft village to see how do they work on Umbrella Making & Painting , Thaisilk & Cotton , Lacquere ware , Silverware etc.

Day 3 . To see elephant show + elephant riding + oxcart riding + bamboo rafting + longneck hilltribe village + Tiger Kingdom.

Day 4 . To see Doi Inthanon National Park , the highest peak in Thailand to see the summit Ang Ka trail + King & Queen pagoda + Meow or Mhong hilltribe market + Wachiratarn waterfal...

Have a flight at 8pm back to Bangkok... .

Thanks!!!!

Lanna Kingdom Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours, Private Tours
Untouched Thailand
Sightseeing Tours, Bike Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Cultural Tours
Chiang Mai Biking
Sightseeing Tours, Bike Tours, City Tours, Private Tours
Chiang Mai Tour Center
Sightseeing Tours, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Cultural Tours, Private Tours
lewes uk
Level Contributor
9,717 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help to organise my tour in Chiang mai

Hi,

A busy schedule but all doable I would have thought. On that first afternoon I would go into the old city (you don't say where you are staying) and see the three main temples Wat Phra Sing, Wat Chedi Luang and Wat Chiang Man and soak up a bit of the atmosphere there, then in the evening have a wander around the night bazaar and riverside area.

Cheers

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
21,551 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need help to organise my tour in Chiang mai

Hi,

Very busy schedule and you'll be on the move most of the time. Only you can decide what to omit but on day 3 I would forget about bamboo rafting and oxcart racing.

houston
Level Contributor
1,235 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Need help to organise my tour in Chiang mai

Thank u so much for quick response...Staying in Maninarakorn hotel...Hope it's nice and clean?...Sounds great Old city area for that half day to spend...

Thanks again.

lewes uk
Level Contributor
9,717 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need help to organise my tour in Chiang mai

Hi,

OK, so your hotel is in the night bazaar area and you can wander out there most evenings so no need to rush it on the first night. I would definately explore the old city inside the maot that first afternoon otherwise you won't see it in daylight. The other thing to consider that first evening is a boat trip on the Ping river, your hotel can organise it for you.

cheers

houston
Level Contributor
1,235 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Need help to organise my tour in Chiang mai

Thanks a lot, sounds cool!!!

6. Re: Need help to organise my tour in Chiang mai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 April 2013, 10:38