We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any self catering places recommended?

yorkshire
11 posts
Save Topic
Any self catering places recommended?

Does anybody have a self catering accommadation that they can recommend? Somewhere slightly quieter such as bijilo or going towards Brufut. Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Brufut
Brufut
West Coast Division, Gambia
34 replies to this topic
SURREY
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Any self catering places recommended?

I would highly recommend Kingfisher Apartments in Bijilo. They are on a complex of 4, although local to all amenities shops,restaurants,beach etc. they are set back off the main highway in a lovely quiet area. I have been several times and are off again next month.

Southampton
Level Contributor
659 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Any self catering places recommended?

@MRSBARROW27

I have used 2 email addresses in the past 2 weeks to contact K'fisher but no reply. Wanted to know what a month would cost self catering.

J

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
6,478 posts
1 review
Save Reply
23. Re: Any self catering places recommended?

kingfishers1@live.co.uk was the correct address in April this year.

Southampton
Level Contributor
659 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Any self catering places recommended?

Yes - used that email address 3 weeks ago and the one for lesley edmunds. Still no response but I will visit there in Dec.

J

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
373 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Any self catering places recommended?

Can I have details of this please ?

Thanks

Sheryl

Lagos
6 posts
Save Reply
26. Re: Any self catering places recommended?

If you are on a not so tight budget i would recommend the Seafront residence. The apartments are quite luxurious and... self catering should you wish it to be, This is my favorite to place to stay on business as its also convenient when you cannot be bothered to do the shopping you can just eat from one of the restaurants. Julbrew bottle and draught cost D35 at their bar in the evenings which is just fantastic and i can watch the ESPN games live rather than trying to trek my way up to Senegambia.

Barnstaple, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Any self catering places recommended?

Yes, try http://gambiahouses.page.tl. I stay in the 4 bedroom house , good value at 350 euros per week. A few minutes through the sandy roads of Kerr Sering/ Bijilo. Safe, secure and quiet. Owned by a Gambian chap called Zindo who is based in Holland but frequently in The Gambia. Nice location and rooms well furnished. Also 3 bedroom apartments available opposite the main house.

Mentioned in this post
Gambia
Gambia
Africa
Lagos
6 posts
Save Reply
28. Re: Any self catering places recommended?

i have always stayed at the Seafront Residence. Their apartments have options of self catering or with breakfast.

The good thing is you have all the facilities of a hotel in case you choose to not 'fend' for yourself.

Good thing now is they have a mini-market in the hotel that has all your basic bits and bobs from toothbrushes to cooking oils, teas and fresh loafs of bread.

WALES UK
Level Contributor
262 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Any self catering places recommended?

tripadvisor.co.uk/VacationRentalReview-g2975…

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Reply
30. Re: Any self catering places recommended?

Why has EmilyS resurrected this post from 2010. There are many more recent posts on this subject.

Edited: 28 August 2015, 16:58
Reply to: Any self catering places recommended?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bijilo
Recent Conversations