We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

one question

1 post
Save Topic
one question

whats up people im on my way to thailand in a couple of weeks. im having a hard time choosing between kamala and patong. if i choose to go to kamala, ive been thinking of staying at kamala beach hotel and resort or courtyard. if i choose patong then probably ill stay at courtyard as well. i will be going with my girlfriend. please help me out

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,093 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: one question

Hmmmm..??....I am sorry but I have'nt stayed in any of the courtyard hotels...??....

However,I must say that Kamala is a lot quieter than Patong.....

So,if you'd like a relaxing quiet holiday choose Kamala.....If you want more excitement,things to see and do...a whole bunch of shopping,eating and raging,then go to Patong.....

My choice would be Patong because you are never at a loss to find something to do....But...That's only my preference.....!!

Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
3,851 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: one question

Agree with cocotang, stay in Patong. The Courtyard in Kamala is well away from the village. So it means lots of tuk tuks.

Level Contributor
119 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: one question

kamal choose, cape sienna (fantastic scenery, great food and massive value for money) - but u have to get a tuktuk to get to patong and it could cost you over 4O us $ for a round trip :-/

patong, i wouldn't recommend courtyard (looks like a city hotel, certainly not a honeymoon hot spot). courtyard has fantastic F&B outlets but the the whole things does not have much spirit, rooms with no view, minuscule pool, great rooms but that's about it!

in patong i recommend the holiday inn (truly magnificent - stay at busakorn wing) or the millennium resort (fantastic for shopping [located inside the jungceylon entertainment complex] and terrific location - stay at lakeside, ask for cabana rooms)

enjoy !

Hornbaek, Denmark
Level Contributor
125 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: one question

I prefer Kamala anytime, as you get a less crowded beach and much nicer surroundings.

When you want to go to Patong for shopping, eating or bar crawling, just take a tuk tuk/taxi (300 baht one way in January 2010).

The Courtyard in Kamala is brand new (renovated) and looks very nice. Situated 400 m walk from the beach in the quiet northen end of Kamala Beach.

Have a nice holiday.

5. Re: one question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 July 2010, 07:17