We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from Phuket airport to Kamala Beach Resort

londonhappytripper
Level Contributor
81 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi from Phuket airport to Kamala Beach Resort

Can anybody advise me? any ideas of the cost of the taxi for this trip? or should I pre book a transfer? this will be our first time in Phuket but not the last!!!

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Taxi from Phuket airport to Kamala Beach Resort

Metor Taxi Rank now outside HKT Airport, turn right as you exit. Tell the driver you HAVE ROOMS Bkd, or they will stop off at office and try to sell you some !

Phuket
Level Contributor
2 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Taxi from Phuket airport to Kamala Beach Resort

Highly recommend

When you come out ground floor departues door of airport and leave building you turn right and walk to the end of platform apox 80 metres there you will

find a metered taxi stand you should use on this service, take the contact number and share it with your hotels reception, so they know the taxi meter number. cost 40 baht flag fall outside of airport , or 100 baht flag fall inside airport axport 6-7 baht per x km . Boycott free style drivers as dangerous and no meter no license = no insurance.

Edited: 10 September 2011, 06:01
londonhappytripper
Level Contributor
81 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Taxi from Phuket airport to Kamala Beach Resort

Thank you so much for taking the trouble to respond to my question, Regards Gloria

Gold Coast...
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
14. Re: Taxi from Phuket airport to Kamala Beach Resort

I got airport transfers from the hotel it self they cost 600thb for 2 people.

londonhappytripper
Level Contributor
81 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Taxi from Phuket airport to Kamala Beach Resort

Thank you Byron for your reply. Regards Gloria

Phuket
Level Contributor
2 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Taxi from Phuket airport to Kamala Beach Resort

All Travelers should go out of their way to support meter taxis only,

it helps break the bad policy of mulitple share of over priced fare which are un metered and un insured.

If taxi guys with meters don't have to pay fees they make plently of money.

Fact is mafia black plate taxis, only give driver

a very small amount of fair.

not enough to cover service of care or maintain cars .

Meter taxi's are proven globally to work fine.

Please only support them when in Phuket.

So other driver wake up and get a metered cab before others.

Hotel transfers are often fine, but you should consider that the money leaves island. And Try to make a change a mtered guy will always be the best way

Edited: 09 June 2012, 11:39
Sutherland, New...
1 post
Save Reply
17. Re: Taxi from Phuket airport to Kamala Beach Resort

Hi London! How did you get on with getting a Taxi? Anyone know if Taxis are easily available later at night say around 10pm from the Airport?

londonhappytripper
Level Contributor
81 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Taxi from Phuket airport to Kamala Beach Resort

Hi, We arrived earlier than 10pm but in any case we booked a transfer with the hotel as the price was very competitive, however I would imagine you will have no problem being than Phuket is very much a tourist destination with flights arriving at all times. Enjoy it, we loved it. Regards

Kilmore, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Taxi from Phuket airport to Kamala Beach Resort

August 2013

Taxi fare from Phuket Airport to Kamala Beach - All taxis charged 700 Baht for this trip. (As per blue notice board at taxi ramp outside airport).

United Kingdom
6 posts
Save Reply
20. Re: Taxi from Phuket airport to Kamala Beach Resort

Hey sorry to hijack the thread but, similar case here. I'm travelling to Phuket next week and we are a group of five. Would anyone suggest taking two metered taxis and will that be significantly more cheaper than booking a minivan/ SUV transfer? Airport to a hotel in Kamala Beach.

Get answers to your questions about Kamala