We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Exchanging Australian dollar for Baht

Melbourne, Australia
1 post
Save Topic
Exchanging Australian dollar for Baht

Just wondering if it is best to exchange money before you go or is it best to do while travelling in Thailand, to get a better exchange rate and are there any fees?

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
26,045 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Exchanging Australian dollar for Baht

No, definitely not - you pretty much always get a far superior rate once in Thailand. No fees for exchanging cash as far as I know, 33 baht for travellers cheque and various fees for cash passports.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,981 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Exchanging Australian dollar for Baht

Cinfirming what Cassnu says.

You can change AUD everywhere and there are exchange booths everywhere.

Victoria, Australia
Level Contributor
1,591 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Exchanging Australian dollar for Baht

and they are honest and won't cheat you like in Bali

They are run by the banks mostly

Linda

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
4,375 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Exchanging Australian dollar for Baht

as already said, exchange once you arrive!! I dont change any in Aust, if i dont have any left from previous trip for taxi, i exchange $50 once i land at Phuket airport for the taxi, then change more once i am settled in my hotel

Michelle

5. Re: Exchanging Australian dollar for Baht

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 January 2014, 06:15
Get answers to your questions about Kamala