We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transfers or taxi from airport

Which Kamala hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
76 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
transfers or taxi from airport

can anyone tell me if they get a taxi from the airport to kamala beach of do they organise transfers when booking holiday from travel agent?

if so how much is a taxi to kamala beach...roughly

thinking of staying at swissotel resort phuket in kamala beach...

also how much can one expect to pay for taxi down to patong.

never been to phuket before and do they have tuk tuks or taxis...or are they the same?

Darwin, Australia
Level Contributor
1,405 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: transfers or taxi from airport

hi michellekiwi,

we stay in Kamala most times & normally get a taxi from the airport, the cost last time was 450 baht (from memory) to our hotel, it would depend on how many people are trvelling with you, if its just a couple the go the taxi BUT if you have a group then i would organise a hotel transfer as it would work out cheaper for you all..

Tuk tuk's from Kamala to Patong cost about 350 baht but that depends on the driver & time, we found nights can be dearer (up to 400 baht) BUT in saying that a bit of bartering & you can get a trip for around 300-350. There is taxi's & tuk tuk's everywhere in Kamala, your hotel will probably have taxi's working for it as well as tuk tuk's.

Loads of good places to eat & drink in Kamala, try the Italian restaurant Basilico the food in there is amazing & for a good bar try the Aussie Pub on the main road.

Safe travels TX

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
4,347 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: transfers or taxi from airport

I never do hotel transfer, as always more expensive. Either taxi from airport, or even the touts with limousine service are cheaper than hotel transfer

South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,874 posts
417 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: transfers or taxi from airport

The meter taxis are 600 baht to Patong now so it will be the same or cheaper to Kamala. (They dont use their meters but it is a set price. Just turn right after you exit the Arrivals hall and walk about 30 metres and you will see the meter taxi kiosk.

Cathy

Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: transfers or taxi from airport

Excellent , thanks for the feedback.. Taxi it is...thought Phuket would have enough taxi's hovering around the airport

Level Contributor
3 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: transfers or taxi from airport

Hi our transfer from Airport to Swissotel cost $75 prearranged through travel agent which is a rip off so i reckon a taxi would be heaps cheaper . It is 400THB ($13) from Kamala to Patong one way and 200 in and around Kamala.. Tuk Tuks and taxis are fixed price they will not barter. We are at the Swissotel at present so if you would like to know anything feel free to ask.

Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: transfers or taxi from airport

seems to be dearer thna Bali for taxis, am i right?

that would b great about any info regarding the hotel, esp is it clean and tidy and what is the breakfast like? i have heard alot of them are tired?

Level Contributor
3 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: transfers or taxi from airport

I havent been to Bali but in terms of Thai costs the taxis and tuk tuks are a little expensive but cheaper than what we would be used to in Australia so depends how you look at it. The Swissotel is five star in Thai rating however i struggle to find anything negative and i would consider me being picky if i did. The rooms are nice enough they're not brand new so they do have some wear and tear. I am very fussy and i would stay here again most definately. On my rating i put excellent for rooms and very good for cleaniness it should be the other way around but i cant edit it. It is very well maintained. Its a very clean resort. The breakfast is huge everything you could think off. It is the same thing each day but there is a lot to choose from. Fresh fruit, rolls, bread, cereals, yogurt, danishes, pancakes, waffles, hot food, cold food, miso soup, eggs to order and much much more. They have a duo band on i think every night in the restaurant we hear them and they're great. They have a different type of dinner on each night if you want to eat in the restaurant or order from the menu. Kamala has lots of eateries as well there is so much to choose from. The night markets is a great experience for dining Thai style. Swissotel is great i don't think you would be disappointed. Also if your looking at doing a great day trip i highly recommend Nudi Tours Phang Nga Bay day trip it is five star. We just returned and it was a magnificent experience. A little dearer but you get what you pay for it was fantastic.

8. Re: transfers or taxi from airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 April 2014, 07:18