We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family holiday to Phuket

Sydney, Australia
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Family holiday to Phuket

Hi, we are a family with two children (4 & 1 yr old) looking to holiday in Kamala beach, Phuket in April 2014. We are considering two resorts, Sunwing and Swissotel....... Can anyone give advice to which one would be better? They both look great, both have two bedroom suites, kids clubs, similar costs etc... Can't decide! Please help!

Mentioned in this post
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
184 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Family holiday to Phuket

Great report thank you Rebecca!

Would you mind doing a little review on The Sands as well?

Would you go back to Kamala, or head straight to Khao Lak?

Victoria, Australia
Level Contributor
792 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Family holiday to Phuket

Sounds great Rebecca, really informative descriptions about both hotels! We have visited Sunwing to see Tomandgem and were really impressed with the resort. Its definitely on our list of places to stay on one of our future trips.

Khao Lak is also beautiful (we stayed at the Merlin Resort tho). Another destination that's a must see!!

Adelaide, South...
Level Contributor
63 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Family holiday to Phuket

Fantastic information here guys. Thanks for comparing both Rebecca. I have stayed at Sunwing twice and didn't mind it, but I gather the Swissotel is a bit fancier, with a better kids club, just more out of the way? I love Kamala - it has something about it.

14. Re: Family holiday to Phuket

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 May 2015, 07:17