We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riding or TukTuk

Singapore, Singapore
4 posts
Save Topic
Riding or TukTuk

Hi guys, I gather that a trip back to my hotel from patong is about 300 baht via tuktuk. I'm wondering how do I go about negotiating the price with them and also is it better to rent a small bike? I've a car licence but not a bike licence. Do I need an international driving licence for riding a small bike?

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,390 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Riding or TukTuk

You need an international bike licence for police purposes and insurance (will not cover you without the relevant licence)

Phuket Town...
Level Contributor
2,590 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Riding or TukTuk

And at the moment in Phuket, the police often checks tourists on motor bikes. Please also consider the danger, that you risk when driving something you probably have little experience with.

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
5,776 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Riding or TukTuk

I think you are better to get a tuk tuk. As mentioned, if you are not experienced on motor bikes then Phuket is not the place to learn. Too dangerous.

4. Re: Riding or TukTuk

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2015, 06:16