We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where do I stay that is close to Kuala Besut Jetty??????

Which Kuala Besut hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Delgany, Ireland
Level Contributor
42 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Where do I stay that is close to Kuala Besut Jetty??????

Hi there

I leave tomorrow from Taiping and I need 1 nights(maybe 2) as close as possible to Kuala Besut Jetty. Can anyone help? Nothing much seems to come up online.....

I arrive by bus at the Kota Bharu Bus Terminal. How do I get from there to Kuala Besut?

Also, is there a post office there???

Thank You!

: D

Edited: 05 August 2011, 12:20
3 replies to this topic
Petaling Jaya...
Destination Expert
for Malaysia
Level Contributor
6,839 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where do I stay that is close to Kuala Besut Jetty??????

There's nothing much in Kuala Besut to warrant two nights there. But if you decide you need to stay a night, probably look at Hotel Samudera.

http://www.kekal-samudera.com/

This is the only sort of accomodation in the area.

If you chose to stay around Kota Bharu, Pasir Belanda is a kampung ("village") homestay run by a Dutch couple in Banggol.

http://www.pasirbelanda.com/index_files/

If you prefer to stay more centrally in Kota Bharu town, look at hotels like Crystal Lodge.

http://www.crystallodge.com.my/

And yes, of course there are post offices!

Delgany, Ireland
Level Contributor
42 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where do I stay that is close to Kuala Besut Jetty??????

Thanks for that!

I only want to stay for 1 night just to get organized before going to Pulau Perhentian Kecil.

So being close to the jetty is important so that maybe I can book (or dont i need to book for Perhentian Kecil) ?

This was all recommended to me by Malaysian lady i met on the plane so not very organized and not sure how im ment to go about it. I saw they have packages-3days 2 nights, snorkeling,3 meals a day, accomodation.... and thought maybe its best to organize this from the jetty???

thank you! : D

Redang Island
Level Contributor
1,024 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Where do I stay that is close to Kuala Besut Jetty??????

Nan Hotel and Samudra Hotel are the right hotel to stay ,which are the nearest to Kuala Besut jetty and Bus Terminal.

For Post office you need to walk around 15 minutes from Hotel.

Normally the package,will include 2 Night accommodation , 2 breakfast 2 Lunch 1 Dinner and 1 BBQ ,Return Boat transfer from kuala besut jetty to Perhentian island and 2 x snorkeling trip with equipment.Range price around RM350-RM500 depends which hotel or resort you stay.

Recommended to make advance booking,mean everything make easy ,planning and smooth ,rather you come walk in.. therefore you also ample time to choose the package such Perhentian Island ,Susu Dara Island ,Rawa Island ,Lang Tengah Island and Redang Island.

Reply to: Where do I stay that is close to Kuala Besut Jetty??????
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kuala Besut