We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kangra Queen Toy Train Information

Which Kangra hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lonavala, India
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
Kangra Queen Toy Train Information

Does anyone have an information on how to book tickets for the Kangra Queen Toy train. Also which route is more scenic

Kangra to Palampur or Kangra to Pathankot and how long would it take. Thanks for your help.

15 replies to this topic
Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
1,023 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kangra Queen Toy Train Information

Kangra valley toy train booking can be done at the station itself.... This is more like a passanger train rather than tourist train with general compartments. Though the journey is definitely scenic.

I suggest you should do Kangra - palampur trip, rather than Kangra - pathankot. On kangra - palampur stretch, train runs close to the Dhauladhar range amidst tea gardens & offer great vistas of snow clad mountains from reletavely close distance. I think it takes close to 3 hrs for this journey.

kangra pathankot is longer stretch & takes about 5 hours.....

Noida
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kangra Queen Toy Train Information

I wanted to know if we can book tickets for this train thru irctc. and what are the timings for it (Pathankot - kangra)

Kangra
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Kangra Queen Toy Train Information

Dear Gust,

we can book your ticket for toy train...pls send yours detail & visit our web site travelindiaonline.co.in

regards

Travelindia.co.in

Kangra
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Kangra Queen Toy Train Information

Send your queries to travelindiaonline.co.in

Pathankot-Joginder Nagar Train

Kangra Toy Train unlike the Shimla-KaIka train, where the passengers spend most of the time going through tunnels, the Kangra toy train- linking Pathankot and Joginder Nagar gently meanders through a maze of hills and valleys, offering the travellers enchantingly scenic views. The work on this line started in 1926. Three years later this, 163 km long route was opened to traffic.

Joyous Journey

The entire route commands glorious views of nature and unveils myriad facets of history, art and culture. The grand spectacle of Kangra Valley begins unfolding after the train crosses Nurpur. Hillocks rise on both sides and as the train moves over the innumerable bridges built across meandering streams, the Dhauladhar begin to gain in prominence. Emerging through Daulatpur tunnel and past the ruins of the old Kangra fort, one is surprised by the change in the landscape.

The Dhauladhar rise up 13,000 ft from the valley floor. The wide Kangra Valley, with its well-watered terraces, is simply superb. As the train inches on, the passengers adore the open countryside and the shining white peaks. An unmistakable pine scent fills the air and the track is suddenly fringed on both sides by the tea gardens of the Palampur region.

The stretch between Baijnath (renowned for its ancient Shiva temple) and Joginder Nagar is the steepest. Here the train moves at a snail's pace till it reaches the highest point on the track at Ahju. Not far from here are the popular para-gliding and hang-gliding sites of Bir and Billing. As the train approaches Joginder Nagar, the white mountains, gradually begin fading away.

Never-before Holiday

A trip on the Kangra toy train is a thrilling experience. It is an unmatched way to savour the beauty of the Kangra Valley.

Kangra
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Kangra Queen Toy Train Information

Send your queries to travelindiaonline.co.in

Pathankot-Joginder Nagar Train

Kangra Toy Train unlike the Shimla-KaIka train, where the passengers spend most of the time going through tunnels, the Kangra toy train- linking Pathankot and Joginder Nagar gently meanders through a maze of hills and valleys, offering the travellers enchantingly scenic views. The work on this line started in 1926. Three years later this, 163 km long route was opened to traffic.

Joyous Journey

The entire route commands glorious views of nature and unveils myriad facets of history, art and culture. The grand spectacle of Kangra Valley begins unfolding after the train crosses Nurpur. Hillocks rise on both sides and as the train moves over the innumerable bridges built across meandering streams, the Dhauladhar begin to gain in prominence. Emerging through Daulatpur tunnel and past the ruins of the old Kangra fort, one is surprised by the change in the landscape.

The Dhauladhar rise up 13,000 ft from the valley floor. The wide Kangra Valley, with its well-watered terraces, is simply superb. As the train inches on, the passengers adore the open countryside and the shining white peaks. An unmistakable pine scent fills the air and the track is suddenly fringed on both sides by the tea gardens of the Palampur region.

The stretch between Baijnath (renowned for its ancient Shiva temple) and Joginder Nagar is the steepest. Here the train moves at a snail's pace till it reaches the highest point on the track at Ahju. Not far from here are the popular para-gliding and hang-gliding sites of Bir and Billing. As the train approaches Joginder Nagar, the white mountains, gradually begin fading away.

Never-before Holiday

A trip on the Kangra toy train is a thrilling experience. It is an unmatched way to savour the beauty of the Kangra Valley.

Mumbai
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Kangra Queen Toy Train Information

hello friend, please advise from pathankot i will go to mcleod ganj and dharmshala, and from there i want to come to kangra and board the toy train up to joginder nagar , and from there i will move to manali, is this the right way to roam ormperlly .. i am coming from mumbai.. please advise me the right plan for the mentioned destination

Himachal Pradesh...
Destination Expert
for Manali, Shimla
Level Contributor
1,049 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kangra Queen Toy Train Information

Hi sagarkhanna,

Your Plan and destination are right

Thanks & Regards

Guru Manali

Chennai (Madras...
Level Contributor
22 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Kangra Queen Toy Train Information

Hi again Guru,

We booked tickets on Jammu Mail from Pathankot. From Dharamshala, is it possible to take Toy Train to Pathankot in the afternoon? I don't want to miss our Train back to Delhi.

Is the train usually crowded and cramped (since people are saying it is like general compartment)

New Delhi, India
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Kangra Queen Toy Train Information

Lorem ipsum dolor sit ametLorem ipsum dolor sit ametLorem ipsum dolor sit ametLorem ipsum dolor sit amet

ahmwsabas
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Kangra Queen Toy Train Information

at present what is situation on kangra queen toy train. i want to travel from amritsar to darmashal to delhousie

in between i want to visit jwala tample and enjoy toy train also. i planning for toy train from pathnakot to jawalanagar, then come beck to dharmsala is it ok.

Reply to: Kangra Queen Toy Train Information
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kangra