We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cueva Ventana v. Las Cavernas del Rio Camuy

Zambo
Level Contributor
3 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Cueva Ventana v. Las Cavernas del Rio Camuy

We have one day and are debating between going to Cueva Ventana or doing an adventure tour at Las Cavernas del Rio.

If you recommend Las Cavernas, please let me know if you can recommend a tour agency other than Aventuras Tierra Adentro. It is booked.

Thanks!

3 replies to this topic
El Yunque National...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
5,795 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cueva Ventana v. Las Cavernas del Rio Camuy

They are 2 totally different experiences, so it depends on whether you want a mild walk with a view at Ventana that will take about 1 hr or an all day extreme cave adventure at Cavernas.

I think Aventuras are the only ones that do that Cavernas adventure.

There are other cave adventures in PR, just none others that I know in that location.

Edited: 04 February 2014, 11:53
Puerto Rico
Destination Expert
for San Juan
Level Contributor
3,838 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cueva Ventana v. Las Cavernas del Rio Camuy

As Flowerfarm said, those are very different experiences. I did the Caveland Tour with Robert. It was a tough hike at times, but after the Tour I felt very accomplished. We saw 3 Caves and the walking through the " Wilderness" was amazing. We went through the Calambache Reserve and some private Land. You can search on TA, there are a few posts. I did one, but it never got posted. I should write it again.

Zambo
Level Contributor
3 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cueva Ventana v. Las Cavernas del Rio Camuy

Thanks to both of you!

Reply to: Cueva Ventana v. Las Cavernas del Rio Camuy
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Arecibo