We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Munich to Salzburg to Innsbruck and back to Munich

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
113 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Munich to Salzburg to Innsbruck and back to Munich

We are planning a trip to Austria this summer. My idea is to fly into Munich and take the train from Munich to Innsbruck then to Salzburg and back to Munich or vice versus. Munich will only be for flying in and out as we were there last summer.

I have been doing research on this and have found that the following are must sees:

Innsbruck-Tirol

Hall

Zell am See

Hallstat

Salzburg

?

We are not planning on doing hiking but would not mind an easy bike ride here and there. Our plan is to visit beautiful little towns and avoid big cities as much as possible. I really wanted to rent a an apartment for three or four days in Salzburg and Innsbruck and do day trips. My problem is finding them! There seem to be a lack of nice self catering apartments in both towns, except in the ski resort areas. I forgot to metion that we will not be renting a car but rather relying on trains and buses to get around. So hotels/apartments out side towns will not be an option for us unless there are good public transport options and easy ones!

Can anyone advise on good locations as a base? And also the must sees for this type of vacation? We are looking for towns similar to the beauty we saw in Fussen, Germany last summer.

I dont think we want to go back to Vienna although our last time was a long time ago only because it is a bit farther than we want to go.

Thank you!

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
113 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Munich to Salzburg to Innsbruck and back to Munich

I Forgot to say that we will be spending only about 8 days doing this trip. Please help!!!!

Gambrills, MD
Destination Expert
for Fussen
Level Contributor
3,150 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Munich to Salzburg to Innsbruck and back to Munich

For Hallstatt try this: http://www.hallstatt.net/accommodation/.

For Zell am See, try this: www.zellamsee-kaprun.com/en/accommodations .

Have you tried posting on the Austria forum?

3. Re: Munich to Salzburg to Innsbruck and back to Munich

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 January 2014, 05:19