We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Renting a car

Toledo, Ohio
Level Contributor
249 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Renting a car

We will be in bavaria in august. If we take the train from paris to garmisch...can we then rent a car there? We are actually staying in Mittenwald but thought we might need to take the train to a larger city first in order to rent a car there first. Is that better? Originally we were going to take the train to munich to rent a car but, maybe we could get a car just as well in Garmisch?

San Jose, CA
Destination Expert
for Wengen, Jungfrau Region
Level Contributor
2,561 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Renting a car

You can certainly get a car in Garmisch through any firm and possibly even in Mittenwald if you book via www.gemut.com. If you search on this forum about car rentals in Germany you will find that pretty much everyone concurs that gemut is a great way to go. Great service, very good prices, lots of flexibility, lots of good advice about renting cars in German-speaking countries. I don't rent through anyone else there. Gemut was able to get a car for me even in Berchtesgaden.

If nothing else go to their website and download the good info about European car rentals.

Toledo, Ohio
Level Contributor
249 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Renting a car

Okay great. Yes, I've read about gemut here and was planning to use them. Just so used to thinking of going through big/airport cities, I wasnt thinking I could just get a car at my destination! Thanks!

3. Re: Renting a car

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 March 2014, 04:18