We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Inn between Garmisch-Partenkirchen

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
26 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Inn between Garmisch-Partenkirchen

Traveling by car after 2 nights in Fussen area via 23, 11, 307, and 305 to Berchtesgaden for 1 night, and a final night in Salzburg. Any suggestions for a good place (100 – 200 e) to stay for one night between Garmisch-Partenkirchen and Chiemsee. Romantic is good as it is our anniversary, but good view is better, access to good local food and beer better still. We’re a fit 50ish couple with no one else in tow, and we like to park the car, connect with local people, food, and can I say beer once more? More than one suggestion is good because just the end point hotel has been booked so far. Danke

Gambrills, MD
Destination Expert
for Fussen
Level Contributor
2,997 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Inn between Garmisch-Partenkirchen

We stayed in Reit-im-Winkl, a scenic little village in the Alps on the border with Austria. Specifically we stayed at the Demelhof, a farmhouse that rents out rooms and furnished apartments. This was one of the most beautiful places I've ever stayed. We reserved over the internet (using an internet translator) and only the teenaged son at the Demelhof spoke English, but it was really no problem. There were other lovely places in this village too, and it's between Garmisch and Chiemsee. Here's the website for the Demelhof. It's a bit under your price range, though -- there are more expensive places in town as well.

www.demelhof.de/index.php…

We also drove from Lake Chiemsee to Berchtesgaden, stopping along the way frequently. In one place we saw a sign for a local fest and came back that night. It turned out to be a highlight of our trip and as far as we could tell we were the only tourists.

Edited: 02 April 2013, 03:36
München
Level Contributor
488 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Inn between Garmisch-Partenkirchen

What about the Tegernsee? It is a very pretty lake surrounded by mountains. There is a very nice hotel called "Das Tegernsee" which has a very nice view over mountains and lake:

dastegernsee.de/home.html#/Das%20Tegernsee

In Tegernsee village itself not far from the hotel is a very nice place were you can eat and drink beer "Das Bräustüberl":

braustuberl.de/Bilder-und-Videos/…

München
Level Contributor
488 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Inn between Garmisch-Partenkirchen

Upps I sent you the link in german here the right one in english:

www.dastegernsee.de/html_en/index.php

and some more informations about it:

tripadvisor.de/…REVIEWS

The prices start at around 160,00 Euros (depends of room and date) per night breakfast included.

I think that is what you are looking for.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
26 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Inn between Garmisch-Partenkirchen

Thanks for the Demelhof suggestion, it's definitely in a good location for us. Always glad to get a suggestion with a lower price than I ask for. Love to stumble into local festivals, hope it happens to us.

Thanks.

5. Re: Inn between Garmisch-Partenkirchen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 April 2014, 06:16