We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 weeks in Bavaria and Austria

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
42 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
2 weeks in Bavaria and Austria

I would appreciate a critique of my “final” itinerary for a 2 week trip via public transportation at the end of July. Our family of 4 (teens 17,16) is interested in hiking/walking, castles/palaces, cafes/beer.

Days 1-2: Arrive Munich in the early afternoon (Marienplatz, Viktualienmarkt, Frommer’s/ Rick Steves Self Walking tour, Schloss Nymphenburg, English Garden/Hofbrauhaus)

Days 3-6 Salzburg (Fortress, daytrip to Werfen Caves and Castle, Hellbrunn Palace)

Days 7-9 Alpbach hiking

Days 10-11 Garmisch: Zugspitze and Partenkirchen Gorge

Day 12 Hohenschwangau: Hike around Castles, Tegelberg luge

Day 13 Castles in the morning, back to Munich (Alte Pinakothek, if time permits)

Days 10-13 are the days I’m most concerned about.

Thank you all.

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Austria
Level Contributor
18,634 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 weeks in Bavaria and Austria

this is not trying to be sarcastic, but you appear to have been asking the same or similar questions on various fora for six months. I know that you say it is your final itinerary and that you are looking forward to your visit to Europe, but you might be better off, sticking to one forum and one thread.

you really have to decide where you are going and what you want to see. people who want to help you will have differing opinions and this could only confuse you.

if it is indeed your final itinerary, stick with it.

please see responses on Austria forum.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Province of Trento
Level Contributor
4,147 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 weeks in Bavaria and Austria

Hi,

Very doable trip. No need for concern on days 10-13. Sounds like a decent plan.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
42 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 weeks in Bavaria and Austria

Nakagoli and pja60,

Nakagoli, this really is my final itinerary (except Alpbach is now St. Wolfgang/ St. Gilgen, thank you ;-) Flying out of Vienna costs a bit more than I anticipated. Your points are well taken although I will look forward to hearing from you in 2015 when I bring my crew to Ireland.

Pja60, thank you, just what I needed to hear.

My thanks.

4. Re: 2 weeks in Bavaria and Austria

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 April 2015, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Upper Bavaria