We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get from Racha to Phuket

MaeHongSon
Level Contributor
242 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
How to get from Racha to Phuket

Hi, am planning to spend 1-2nts on Racha/Raya island.

There are 2 of us. I believe we can get there by speedboat (perhaps best to join one of the tour groups going there for 1,000bt).

How about coming back though ?

What options/ways are there to go from Racha back to Phuket and the approx prices? thanks

Chiang Mai, Thailand
9 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: How to get from Racha to Phuket

which hotel are you staying at? Racha/Raya/Raja is not a big island. Most of the land dominated by one or two hotel operator. The Racha Hotel also owns Sea Quest speed boat operator. So ask the hotel for best deal.

MaeHongSon
Level Contributor
242 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to get from Racha to Phuket

Thanks Iccy_cool. Was thinking of Rayaburi Resort, I called them up, they said I could book the boat at reception, there's only 1boat everyday at 3pm that goes back to Phuket. 800bt/person. I asked if there were any other options/public boats she said the only way was to organise through reception. So as I suspected and as you mentioned, there does seem to be a monopoly going on

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach
Level Contributor
5,484 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to get from Racha to Phuket

Another option, more cumbersome though, is to book via a dive company.

Personally I would stick with the option via reception.

4. Re: How to get from Racha to Phuket

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 April 2014, 00:15