We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chalong.

Abu Dhabi
Level Contributor
7 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Chalong.

Hi i am fairly new to Thailand travel . I have been to Patong and Bangkok, we did the Chalong temple trip but other than that I didn't see much of the place.

We stayed just outside of patong before that was a perfect compromise. Basically there are some cheapish holiday rentals in chalong , but I dont want to book it if there is very little else there. I want to be able to come back to a fairly quiet place at night but be able to find some shops bars and the like close by.

Is that possible in Chalong or would you suggest staying somewhere a bit more upbeat. that said it would be my idea of a nightmare having to stay along Bangla road .

I hope you can give some kind of info.

Thanks in advance

Phuket
Level Contributor
868 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chalong.

There are some quiet places in Kata and Karon that still have shops and restaurants nearby. For example, Villa Real Heights or Boomerang Village in Kata.

Rawai is a nice area, but you will pay extra for transfers if you're going on trips.

Abu Dhabi
Level Contributor
7 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chalong.

thank you I will check them out.

Ban Kata, Phuket...
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Chalong.

Chalong is centrally located around tons to do! With a simple 8min motorbike ride you can be on the beach in Kata, on the bay in Rawaii eating at wonderful waterfront restaraunts, or just watching a sunset at Promthep Cape. As far as night life goes you would find your own small niches as they are to be found everywhere. If you want to be closer to the beach then I would say Kata or Karon would be a good choice. You can still find your quiet place without being far from all the local sights.

Edited: 24 June 2012, 14:42
Abu Dhabi
Level Contributor
7 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Chalong.

thanks .They sound ok too. We visited Karon beach before , but i dont think you can tell from a quick visit how its going to be at night and stuff. i will look there too.

5. Re: Chalong.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 October 2015, 16:15