We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling alone to Phuket for my Birthday

Cape Town Central...
2 posts
Save Topic
Travelling alone to Phuket for my Birthday

HI

Just want to know... I am 24 years old travelling alone to Phuket and will spending my birthday there... I will in Chalong... Super nervous and excited. Wanting to do a Eat Pray Love type thing but in a short space of time.

Thoughts??? Safe? Where to go? What to do? good way to spend my birthday alone?

Australia
Level Contributor
180 posts
361 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling alone to Phuket for my Birthday

It's as safe as you make it. If you get drunk and silly then you may find yourself in trouble, just as you would if you did the same thing at home.

Ask Google any questions that you have - Google knows everything! And of course there are lots of forums on TA.

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
14 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling alone to Phuket for my Birthday

Common sense is the rule in Thailand as it is everywhere. As a male I have traveled to Phuket many times alone and never felt any danger. But it is there if you are stupid. I'd wager it heeps safer than Cape Town (no offense meant) .

Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelling alone to Phuket for my Birthday

Why not do a detox retreat? You will meet lots of people...also traveling alone

http://www.atmanjai.com is wonderful and right on the beach

Edited: 20 February 2013, 04:14
Phuket
Level Contributor
869 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travelling alone to Phuket for my Birthday

Hi Mel

Wander into Thai Nee Bar near Chalong roundabout (walk from the roundabout towards Rawai maybe 200m) and introduce yourself. You'll meet plenty of friendly expats there. :)

5. Re: Travelling alone to Phuket for my Birthday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2014, 08:17