We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golan Heights Maps?

Annapolis, MD
Level Contributor
33 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Golan Heights Maps?

I am looking for decent road and topographic aps of the Golan Heights area, preferably in English (or at least in Roman letters -- I can navigate in Europe fine with French or German maps). I am trip planning for a driving trip in the area a few months from now.

All I have found online so far are in Hebrew or Cyrilic. Does anyone know of a source that I can download or mail order from?

6 replies to this topic
Jerusalem, Israel
Level Contributor
689 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Golan Heights Maps?

I recommend buying a good road map of Israel when in the country. They all include the Golan Heights. Use on-line interactive maps for planning before your arrival.

Jerusalem, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
2,377 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Golan Heights Maps?

The signs and directions on the roads in the Golan heights are, as all of Israel, in English in addition to Hebrew.

To get a road map of Israel - go to any bookstore. My favorite Israel road maps is "Mapa"'s road atlas, looks roughly like this: …images-amazon.com/images/I/812VD2IHlpL._SL1… , available in just about any bookstore.

Annapolis, MD
Level Contributor
33 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Golan Heights Maps?

Thanks. I figured the road maps probably wouldn't be a problem. Topographic maps might be a bit more difficult, but I have a couple of leads on that.

Jerusalem, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
2,377 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Golan Heights Maps?

If you are willing to work with a topographical map in Hebrew, there are plenty of those.

Annapolis, MD
Level Contributor
33 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Golan Heights Maps?

I am traveling in late October. I could work with a Hebrew topographic map. It would be nice to get it ahead of time so I could study and cross reference it against an English language map.

Jerusalem, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
2,377 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Golan Heights Maps?

Hebrew topographical maps:

1) The classic "MAPI" trail maps

2) Shvil-net trail maps

Reply to: Golan Heights Maps?