We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St. Gertrude's parish in Tipperary???

Santa Monica, CA
4 posts
Save Topic
St. Gertrude's parish in Tipperary???

Hi, planning a trip to Ireland in June....looking up family historical sites....anybody heard of a St. Gertrude's parish (used to be an orphanage)??

Any help is much appreciated!!

Erin Foley King

erinandmattking@hotmail.com

Guernsey, United...
Level Contributor
5,199 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: St. Gertrude's parish in Tipperary???

Erin

Have had a quick look around some sites, and couldn't find any mention of a St Gertrude's (of any kind) in Tipperary. This doesn't mean that it doesn't exist - just that my searching may be no good!!

I wonder if these links might help in any way:

irishtimes.com/ancestor/…

irishtimes.com/ancestor/…tipperary.htm

Good luck with your research!

And by the way - Tipperary is a beautiful county! The first one I visited in Ireland and I have many fond memories.

Have you got accommodation organised, or are you looking for recommendations??

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
5,248 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: St. Gertrude's parish in Tipperary???

There is a St Gertrude's Paris outside Killarney, Co Kerry.

catholicireland.net/parishes/…

Santa Monica, CA
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: St. Gertrude's parish in Tipperary???

Thanks a million...we just got a message back it might be in Kilkenny....so i'll let you know if I need help with travel when I figure out where I am going.....!

Erin Foley King

Santa Monica, CAL USA

4. Re: St. Gertrude's parish in Tipperary???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2009, 07:22
Get answers to your questions about Clogheen