We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vagabonda Please Help! Noto-Siracusa Question

Washington DC...
2 posts
Save Topic
Vagabonda Please Help! Noto-Siracusa Question

Vagabonda, I've read your wonderful posts and wanted your advice for a couple in their early 30's.

My husband and I will spend 6 days between Noto and Siracusa and are planning day trips to celebrate our anniversary. We plan to visit Modica and Ragusa but don't want to miss out on other special places in the area. We will have 2 full days in Siracusa and 4 in Noto.

Which other towns or things to see/do would you put in your "must visit" list?

We would also like to visit a winery and a good beach, would you have any suggestion?

Thank you so much in advance!

Cheers,

Lau

2 replies to this topic
CA
Level Contributor
549 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vagabonda Please Help! Noto-Siracusa Question

Here's some ideas for your time around Noto http://cathyscamera.net/?cat=40&order=asc

The entries through Sept 13th are all time spent in Southeast Sicily. We spent five nights in Modica, doing various day trips.

Besides Planeta (which was an excellent tour and lunch), there are some great wineries around Etna that are on my list to visit my next time in Sicily.

Have a great time.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
102,808 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Vagabonda Please Help! Noto-Siracusa Question

Welcome to Sicily Laug123 and happy anniversary!

Just to note, this is the Sicili/Salerno form, not the Sicily forums - tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g187886-i343-Sicil…

Perhaps reconsider your base towns. Noto is very near and easily reached from Siracusa, and certainly Siracusa warrants many more nights than Noto. Noto can be seen in a few hours. Noto isn't especially known for its restaurants, although that's improving.

Perhaps divide your time between Siracusa, and then Modica or Ragusa, since Modica and ragusa are a bit further afield from Siracusa.

A base in Modica or Ragusa also offers the opportunity to visit Piazza Armerina's Villa Romana del Casale, and Caltagirone (ceramics).

There are many excellent beaches in Siracusa and Ragusa province - This thread and links to other threads discusses beaches and things to see and do in this area.

Sandy No Pebbles or Rocks:

tripadvisor.com/…40772758

There's a long list of wineries in Siracusa and Ragusa provinces - Planeta’s wineries at Cantina di Dorilli in Vittoria (RG) or Cantina di Buonivini in Noto (SR), Azienda Agricola COS or Valle dell’Acate in Acate, Azienda Vitivinicola Avide in Comiso, Riofavara or i Antica Azienda Agraria Curto in Ispica, Feudo Maccari in Noto….

wine tour for 1 day in modica:

tripadvisor.com/…37967028

Tanti auguri!

Vagabonda

Reply to: Vagabonda Please Help! Noto-Siracusa Question
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Sicili