We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

vagabonda

Scarborough, United...
Level Contributor
113 posts
1 review
Save Topic
vagabonda

dear vagabonda last year i followed your posts and corresponded with you with the result we had a wonderful two week holiday in sicily. can i ask for your help; we parked the car in bagheria came back inside 10 minuets and found a parking ticket,spent 15 minuets trying to find the attendant with no success,-nobody spoke english we tried policemen walking /policemen in cars -went twice to the town hall in order to find how to pay.or where to pay eventualy a very nice man called thomas sat in the car with us and we went with his directions to the police station -we stood and listend to long conversationsand then were sent to the postoffice on the edge of town no english spoken first man sent us accross to young lady she filled in a form and sent us back to first man he took payment in euros not a card and gave us a receipt the very nice thomas guided us back to town and would take neither cash nor coffee as a thankyou. we put it down as a holiday adventure -things happen . now i am being pursued for non payment of fine my plea to the wonderful vagabonda is -can you give me the telephone number of someone i can explain in english and no we have no receipt only a photo of thomas best wishes julian

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
32,183 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: vagabonda

Would it not be a lot easier to send (by registered post) a photocopy of the receipt to whatever address is given on the non-payment notice you have just received?

Scarborough, United...
Level Contributor
113 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: vagabonda

we very much wish we had kept it !

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
99,438 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: vagabonda

Hello jules222,

Unfortunately without a receipt, perhaps consider paying the fine.

You could contact the Polizia Municipale in Bagheria at 091943501.

www.indicepa.gov.it/ricerca/dettaglioaoo.php…

You can log to the bank account given in the citation, and pay directly to the bank. Be sure to include the citation number.

All the best!

Vagabonda

Scarborough, United...
Level Contributor
113 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: vagabonda

vagabonda im stuck , i have rung the police number but they do not speak english but my misfortune continues ,i was unlucky to get the fine spent two hours finding how and where to pay it -paid it at the post office and am now unable to explain or pay for not paying.i realy do not know what to do

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
99,438 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: vagabonda

So you paid the fine at the Post Office?

Vagabonda

Scarborough, United...
Level Contributor
113 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: vagabonda

thankyou for your reply, yes we went to townhall then to main policestation and on to main postoffice, im sorry to say we do not speak any italian and no one spoke any english and i have rung the police number you posted -he did not speak english

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
99,438 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: vagabonda

So yes, if still in Italy, you would pay the ticket at the Post Office just as you did, however you now have no documentation that you did pay the ticket, so unfortunately you may consider paying the fine once again, because you would incur further penalties if you don't.

It would be optimistic to think that this could be corrected from afar.

Vagabonda

Scarborough, United...
Level Contributor
113 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: vagabonda

as allways i value your help (we did have a super holiday) MY PROBLEM NOW IS FOR THE SECOND TIME FINDING HOW TO PAY TO WHO -sorry about capitals key stuck will let you know final outcome -julian

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
99,438 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: vagabonda

There should be directions on the citation jules222.

Perhaps this site would assist you.

bella-toscana.com/….Uwzl-IVnibM

Best regards,

Vagabonda

Scarborough, United...
Level Contributor
113 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: vagabonda

that site is forbiden! the saga continues best wishes julian

Get answers to your questions about Sicili