We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Volastra, Manarola

Novi Sad, Serbia
1 post
Save Topic
Volastra, Manarola

My friend and I decided an alternative accommodation in Volastra instead some of the 5 cities for our first visit to Cinque terre. It appeared to be quiet a surprise- Volastra is nicely situated village just above Manarola. The village is very well connected with both roads and tracking paths! With nearby Manarola, shuttle bus will take you in 12 minutes or (or you can enjoy 1/2 hour walking through olive trees). One of the best tracking paths in CT connects Volastra to Corniglia. Vineyards, orchards, forest, I can't name more interesting section!

Il Carugio was an apartment we picked up. it was spacious, clean, convenient (in many ways), newly refurbished! The hosts, Marta and Marco, are great people- easy going, open, helpful and very kind. With their daughter Serena we communicated very well!

There is no many things to do in Volastra in the evenings. But after whole day tracking, I enjoyed silence I needed very much.

Volastra appeared to be a great choice for exploring CT on foot! I would recommended it for low budget travelers- you get better accommodation comparing to costal cities, but for those interested in romantic evenings in the restaurants or night life, Volastra might not be the right solution...

Mentioned in this post
Il Carugio
Il Carugio
35 Reviews
Volastra, Italy
1. Re: Volastra, Manarola

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 April 2011, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Volastra
Recent Conversations