We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kalpitiya in Dec

Which Kalpitiya hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
2 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Kalpitiya in Dec

Is it worth to go to kalpitiya in dec for kitesurfing and diving?

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
50,447 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kalpitiya in Dec

Hi Sara,

Diving gets safe 2nd half of Dec, normally. Kitesurfing however happens to be popular in different season, what I read the hotel sites it's more Sept-Nov but better check with them directly.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
2 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kalpitiya in Dec

Ok thank you Eric and Sandya

Colombo
Level Contributor
8 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kalpitiya in Dec

December until end February is the secondary season for Kitesurfing. I have had lots of fun this time of year. For Diving my experience was that October/ November were good as the winds were not there as well as March and April. In between you can have good days especially if the winds are low or not there.

Dil from Kitesurfing Lanka

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
72 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Kalpitiya in Dec

hi

When is the primary season for Kite-surfing?

Colombo
Level Contributor
8 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kalpitiya in Dec

The seas clear up from mid October until mid April. Diving is a possibility. You dont have wrecks or large schools of fish. Its more the smaller animals that are an attraction in the seas for diving.

6. Re: Kalpitiya in Dec

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 November 2016, 04:17
Get answers to your questions about Kalpitiya