We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Time of day for viewing dolphins

Toronto
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Time of day for viewing dolphins

Does anyone know what the best time of day to view dolphins are at Kalpitiya?

I've read that some boats leave at 6:30am others leave at 8am and some even leave at 4:30pm.

I'm trying to plan out my itinerary and want to plan for a time when we'll have the best chance of seeing dolphins. I've asked some tour operators but haven't heard anything back so I thought I'd ask hear as well.

1. Re: Time of day for viewing dolphins

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 December 2013, 14:25
Kandy, Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
131 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Time of day for viewing dolphins

both 4.30 and 6.30 will be alright.

Hannover, Germany
Level Contributor
1,138 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Time of day for viewing dolphins

Hello, we saw a lot of dolphins.

Start at 7am and came back at 10am

look my video from March 2013

www.youtube.com/watch…

Edited: 25 November 2013, 11:24
Toronto
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Time of day for viewing dolphins

Wow your video is beautiful - thanks for sharing. I think I'll be going in the morning as well.

Hannover, Germany
Level Contributor
1,138 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Time of day for viewing dolphins

Thanks,

if you will go in morning you have more time than in evening. At 6pm it will be fast dark and thats not nice to go back in darkness.

6. Re: Time of day for viewing dolphins

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 December 2014, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Kalpitiya