We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

PSV - anyone been lately

dallas texas
Level Contributor
134 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
PSV - anyone been lately

I have not seen much about PSV lately. Has anyone been lately. We were there last year and are thinking about going in December. I have a question about villas. We have stayed in #1 and #23. I know we can not confirm but can request. I would like to request #1 and #18. Any other suggestions. We prefer privacy . We did walk over to #17. Has anyone stayed there. We have heard that the beach rooms can get very buggy.

Thanks

UK
Level Contributor
456 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: PSV - anyone been lately

We stayed in 17 a few years ago & loved it. Although there isn't a direct beach view there's a path from the room down to the beach & it's very private. The beach really only has access from rooms 17 & 18. Also no-one walks past. I made a note for future visits (I hope) with ranking; rooms 18, 17, 3 then 1. I thought 16 was a poor choice because it only has a tiny beach near the pier, also I didn't fancy the rooms inland much. Have a wonderful time. I've yet to find a place like PSV.

Atlantic Shores...
Level Contributor
2,138 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: PSV - anyone been lately

I wouldn't say the beach rooms are buggy. The strong, constant breeze on the Atlantic side tends to keep bugs away. Have never noticed more bugs in those cottages than in any other locations (and we've stayed at most of them).

We didn't care for #17 because of the lack of view but it certainly is private. Surrounded by vegetation. #17 was one of Haze and Lynn's personal favorites.

#19 has been remodeled in the last year or so and has both privacy and a nice deck over looking the harbor which is lovely in the evenings and allows for a nice breeze. Has all the privacy of #17 but feels much more open once inside.

#18 is really nice due to being right on the point. The deck overlooks part of Petit Martinique and part of the Atlantic. No foot traffic (not that there's much anywhere) due to the fact that it's difficult to walk around the rocks except at low tide. Probably the most private on the island, though not as physically isolated as #1.

You may have difficulty getting any cottage choice at all in December, depending on the dates. There is a hard-core group of regulars who have been going for 20 years or so around Christmas and have standing reservations. As multi-repeat visitors they'll likely get first choice. But it can be done. Some friends of ours went at the last minute during Christmas week a few years ago and got in due to a cancellation. Can't remember which cottage they got, though.

Trophy Club, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
6,858 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: PSV - anyone been lately

We stayed at #6 which is at the far end of the beach. Found it private, with only an infrequent number of beach walkers strolling past (however, the pack liked to stop by regularly in the morning).

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: PSV - anyone been lately

We stayed in number 5, which had a great level of privacy. Number 4 is close by but you are hidden from one another.

Wish I was going again.

5. Re: PSV - anyone been lately

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2010, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Petit St.Vincent