We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

August Honeymoon

New York
8 posts
Save Topic
August Honeymoon

Hello!

I'm planning an August 2013 honeymoon, and my fiance and I are intrigued by Petit St. Vincent. I've read through a lot of comments, and it sounds like opinions of the place dropped, when management changed hands, but have gone back up again in the past few months. So, two questions:

1. Still highly recommend Petit St. Vincent?

2. Honest opinion of traveling there in August? I know it's the rainy season... a little bit of rain would be fine, but a complete rain-out would be sad. Also, I know that rainy seasons can equal buggy seasons. How bad are the bugs that time of year?

Thanks for any help you can offer!

-Eden

3 replies to this topic
Philadelphia...
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: August Honeymoon

Hello Eden -

PSV is an awesome place. My wife and I have had the opportunity to travel to many unique locations and have loved everyone of them. However, PSV is the only one we have returned to 10 out of the last 12 years. AND, we have always gone in August.

We knew Haze and Lynn well and liked them both very much, but we are not at all displeased with Phil's ownership (he didn't seem too involved early on, but thankfully, has become more involved in the operation lately...and done it well).

PSV is everybit a seculded island. Especially in August. That is what we love about it. Generally, in August, there are no more than 10 of the 22 cottages occupied. You could go for the entire week without knowing who the other guests are. Once again, that is what we love about August...just the two of us on a vacation...enjoying one another's company...no concierge trying to get us to attend a rum party or whatever. There is a bar for socializing, but you get to control your exposure. In our opinion, you couldn't pick a better place to spend your honeymoon and start the rest of your life together.

There are bugs. We usually stay on the bluff, and the winds up there keep them under control. We have heard thay are worse in the beach cottages. We always find the no-see-ums during the west end sunsets to be bad...but the sunsets are worth it. During our 10 trips, we have experienced all types of weather, so you never know what your stay will include until you are there. 10 out of 10 times, we have returned with good tans, so regardless of whether or not it rains, there is always plenty of sun.

Book the trip, enjoy the island, have a GREAT honeymoon, and may God bless your marriage!

New York
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: August Honeymoon

Thank you so much - this is very helpful! We really appreciate your taking the time to write.

-Eden

Lubbock, Texas
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: August Honeymoon

Hello :) I know that you can't reserve your room... Just a request (that is still not a guarantee) of all the times you have been have you requested a room... And when you arrived did you get the room you requested? Thank you! :)) God bless

Reply to: August Honeymoon
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Petit St.Vincent