We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Store close to airport that sells car seats for children

Which Bourdeaux hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
47 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Store close to airport that sells car seats for children

Hi all,

After landing at Bordeaux airport, I will be picking up our rental car. I have two small children so I will need to purchase 2 car seats before I can drive away with my children. (id didn't want to order the car seats with my car rental because the cost was INSANE!

Does anyone know of the closest store to the airport that would sell baby car seats? It can be driving distance (my wife will stay with the kids) but very close would be great!

Essex
Level Contributor
27,480 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Store close to airport that sells car seats for children

Not in BoUrdeaux

Which is nowhere near Bordeaux......

Essex
Level Contributor
27,480 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Store close to airport that sells car seats for children

It is recommended, though, that kids that young should be in car seats during flights, anway. So why don't you just bring your own?

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,388 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Store close to airport that sells car seats for children

airlines will transport car seats at no extra charge. It's far easier than trying to maneuver an unfamiliar car seat into an unfamiliar car, only to have your kids in tears because it's not the car seat to which they are familiar. (go ahead -- ask me how I know this). It's cheaper, too.

Do you really want to subject your wife to two tired, jetlagged kids trapped in a small and not very interesting airport while you set out to find a couple of car seats -- which are going to cost you €75-100 each anyway (for all but simply a booster seat)? Keep in mind that big stores in that part of France are closed by 9-10 pm at the very, very latest (the big Leclerc on the south side of Bordeaux closes at 8pm...) -- and are not only not open on Sunday at all, but will be **heaving** with people on Saturday.

As above, they should be in a car seat on the airplane anyway....just bring your own.

4. Re: Store close to airport that sells car seats for children

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 March 2015, 06:18