We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Punta Santiago vacation

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
31 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Punta Santiago vacation

Is Punta Santiago a good and safe vacation spot? Please tell me about some of your experiences. We would like to go there on vacation next year.

3 replies to this topic
puerto rico
Level Contributor
236 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Punta Santiago vacation

yes it is a good and safe spot! we have been here since 1997 and ...knock on wood..all fine.

depending on where you shall be staying it is a great and off the beaten path location with alot of local spots to enjoy and easy access to other areas that are more touristy as well.

there is also a wonderful local and huge nature reserve with great easy walking trails plus the rent bikes and peddle boats and kayaks for the lagoon there. we also have good local seafood restaurants, near to the resort of palmas del mar- which has golf, horseback riding, more restaurants and good spa services.

pm me if you would like any more details. we own a guesthouse here in addition to adventure company with a kayak trip to monkey island and like it alot!

Puerto Rico
Destination Expert
for San Juan
Level Contributor
3,983 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Punta Santiago vacation

Many years ago we stayed there, I did not like it what so ever because the beach looked dirty, brown sand and it did not look lke a swimable beach, very wavy. We actually used SevenSeas and Luquillo. But that was disapointing because we chose to stay there to be on the beach

puerto rico
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Punta Santiago vacation

we've lived in punta santiago since 2000 and love it. away from the hustle and bustle, with all the flavor of la isla within a few miles...fisherman playing dominoes is the ambience yet much to do, see and eat and proximity of rainforest, biobay, monkey island, wildlife preserve, miles and miles of beach, in view of the spanish and u.s.virgin islands, short trip to the fajardo ferry to get to them. i could go on and on...a resounding YES, if you want the real flavor of the island...

Reply to: Punta Santiago vacation
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Punta Santiago
Recent Conversations