We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hidden Gem Restaurant Heswall

Which Wirral hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chester, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
73 reviews
Save Topic
Hidden Gem Restaurant Heswall

Looking for fantastic food in a hidden hideaway in WIrral , go to Gem in Heswall recently changed hands and although small the food is just delicious.The staff very friendly and should do really well,if they keep the standard up.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hidden Gem Restaurant Heswall

I walked past it on my way to the tea room.Had a look at the menu posted in the window.It is quite pricey so it will need to be good to survive with some serious competition nearby eg 107.But I need to try it before passing an opinion.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hidden Gem Restaurant Heswall

It is really well cooked food and I think well worth the price, having said that I think 107 is hit and miss, but great location. Gem have a wine and food night ,think it is the first Saturday each month, you get a drink on arrival and if I remember rightly 4 courses with a wine to match each one. I have only been once and it cost £45 a head but felt it was a great night. There were a couple of big parties which gave the place a good atmosphere and everyone was very friendly. Waiting to hear about the October one sent me email last time.

I really liked it, but I am more keen on the food than anything else really, and it does have a bit of an atmosphere problem if empty.

England
Level Contributor
1,145 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Hidden Gem Restaurant Heswall

Why the "bump"..this article has lay dormant for over a month.Am I missing something ?

Vale of Glamorgan...
Level Contributor
219 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hidden Gem Restaurant Heswall

Mrs Puddle, I know you have copmmented before about what you suspect to be 'dodgy referencing'. I honestly don't think there's anything untoward about bumping this up.

The Wirral forum is hardly overrun with topics or contributors. I for one often bump things up, either because from time to time I have something new to add, but mostly just to keep the Wirral forum as an active presence on the Greater Liverpool Board and a little livlier.

I feel a touch sorry and embarassed that prospective visitors to our lovely little corner should find a forum otherwise so depleted in activity and information.

Bron

England
Level Contributor
1,145 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Hidden Gem Restaurant Heswall

I stand by my comments...but I fully take on board what you are saying, will (try to) be a little more understanding in future.

6. Re: Hidden Gem Restaurant Heswall

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 March 2010, 06:27